Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Greystones?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clocha_liatha

love greystones as a blow in of 26 years and family man its a really welcoming place and a great place to bring up a family in my opinion.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

love greystones as a blow in of 26 years and family man its a really welcoming place and a great place to bring up a family in my opinion.

I agree.
    But it saddens me to see the village I once knew grow so rapidly into a badly planned town similar to so many other towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fiveplusone

Compared to a lot of other places its a great place to live and bring up a family, there is no such thing as a perfect town. But the good outways the bad in Greystones in my opinion. I have never found it unwelcome, you only get out of things what you put into them so making an effort sometimes pays off. I too have seen the complaints on facebook and it seems to me that there seems nothing would have made treecreeper happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Can we please not go down the road of making this thread all about treecreeper

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

I am 34 and my partner and I moved to Greystones from Shankill in August and I ADORE it.

I have been welcomed so much into the community I can see me never leaving the place to see old friends and family! They will have to come to me from now on!

There is so much to do - so many walks, good restaurants, cafes, wine bar, music venue, vintage shops, the beach etc... all with character (a good pint in the burnaby too!) and friendly people looking to include and make sure you know the door is open.

The commute, the irregularity of buses and dart and the eye sore of the harbour are my only issues but they are so outweighed.
    We found such a beautiful little private place to live with a wonderful landlord and I am grateful every day for taking the step and moving here. I was so worried about the distance as we both work in town.

In the morning I get the 84x or either an 84 to bray and dart and both have me in work within an hour door to door. Getting home takes a little longer but again, the good outweighs the bad.

I think you have be prepared to sort of throw yourself into it all here and having common interests is great too. I have a close friend down the road who showed me the ropes but my partner knew no one and he loves it too. We have a week off next week to properly explore.

When I am on the bus coming home from work and you see that view of the harbour as you drive the bray road towards blacklion I cannot help but smile! Long may it last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Greystones is good now. In my opinion it was better before. I liked the village and the harbour and the way it was and the.... well most on here know my feelings on that.

Worth remembering everything is relative. To a large extent it depends where you're moving from. Indeed for some Greystones may feel like paradise!

Advertisement