Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dublin Decider 17.00 KO (Liverpool v Celtic)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

As a Liverpool supporter I was embarrassed with our support today. Celtic fans with a quarter of our support outsung us all game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Does that mean Dublin is Celtic's now ?

yep, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Brego888 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool supporter I was embarrassed with our support today. Celtic fans with a quarter of our support outsung us all game

Thats because the vast majority of liverpool " fans " there today have never been in a football ground in the lives .. Its way different than watching in the pub ! you actually have to create an atmosphere ... :eek:

Thats because the vast majority of liverpool " fans " there today have never been in a football ground in the lives .. Its way different than watching in the pub ! you actually have to create an atmosphere ... :eek:

Yeah would have to agree with that.
    Also of note, man behind me was shouting "fcuk off Henderson" everytime downing touched the ball in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Celtic finished with nearly an under 21 team.emptied the bench too.Liverpool knocked it around ok but nothing in the final 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seeing people in Liverpool tops celebrate Celtic goal.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Probably knew it was the only one they were going to see...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

insert Jackie Chan meme here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what was the final pool corner count? I know they got 9 but im just curious to what they got in the end

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

This lad must have had a tough day:

lfc-6-630x408.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This lad must have had a tough day:

lfc-6-630x408.png

Brendan Rodgers in 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Celtics starting 11 Cost £5m+ compared to Liverpools starting 11 value of £95M+

only a friendly of course, but seemed to be played serious enough to me

always good to upset the smug premiership brigade, especially ones who dont even come from that country

Great result bhoys, hopfully we get a couple more decent players in and we might have another good wee run in the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

always good to upset the smug premiership brigade, especially ones who dont even come from that country

Great result bhoys, hopfully we get a couple more decent players in and we might have another good wee run in the Champions League.
    Hypocrite much?
    Easily the smuggest post I've seen all day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hardly the mainstays of your team last season though
    thatsthejoke.jpg

Hypocrite much?
    Easily the smuggest post I've seen all day :pac:

Just repaying the smugness in kind :D

Are you serious?

Ok, now we have PC-Liberal brigade, evil cats brigade, Liverpool fans who think they're going to win the Premiership and a smug Premiership brigade. Oh and the tooth fairy, but she might actually be real.

Are you serious?

Ok, now we have PC-Liberal brigade, evil cats brigade, Liverpool fans who think they're going to win the Premiership and a smug Premiership brigade. Oh and the tooth fairy, but she might actually be real.

aye right whatever you say :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Some of the EPL fanboys have their noses out of joint this evening:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't think anyone really gives a flying **** about losing a pre season friendly or do they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't have time to post my full thoughts, but I have to say I was surprised at just how high the intensity of the match was today. Fair play to Celtic, I think they wanted the win more, and it showed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone really gives a flying **** about losing a pre season friendly or do they.
    The one criticism I would have of our pre-season is that we didn't play enough challenging games. I mean, it's all well and good putting a couple of goals past the likes of Valarenga or Olympiacos - it's another thing to beat a seasoned and determined team like Celtic.

At least, this game will have showed to our lads that they can't be taking technically inferior teams for granted when we open our season next week.

Lennonist wrote: »

yeah but it wont be long before they go back to bashing our team and league again i thought when we dumped Blackburn & Liverpool out of Europe in the same season and also then beat Man United in the Champions League a few years later then some respect would be thrown our way, now im past caring what others think cos some will always believe the hype that sky sports feeds them bout their precious EPL.

and so yes i am feeling smug tonight .. great perfromnces from our two new lads and the young boys had good games too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I think the stats and the game itself tell us all we need to know about the gulf in class between the sides but ultimately the only stat that counts is that on the scoreboard. Liverpool need to be more clinical as the Premier League arrives while Celtic return to a mickey mouse league which they will probably walk once again. Bring them to play in the English league, lets see what they're made of!

Lennonist wrote: »

Well, if you can point me to one smug premiership comment, I'll gladly retract...

yeah but it wont be long before they go back to bashing our team and league again i thought when we dumped Blackburn & Liverpool out of Europe in the same season and also then beat Man United in the Champions League a few years later then some respect would be thrown our way, now im past caring what others think cos some will always believe the hype that sky sports feeds them bout their precious EPL.

and so yes i am feeling smug tonight .. great perfromnces from our two new lads and the young boys had good games too!

Will you go away with that bollox talk. Celtic got loads of praise and support here during the champions league run last year and anyway why would you give a **** what opposing fans think of Celtic and the Scottish league.

yeah but it wont be long before they go back to bashing our team and league again i thought when we dumped Blackburn & Liverpool out of Europe in the same season and also then beat Man United in the Champions League a few years later then some respect would be thrown our way, now im past caring what others think cos some will always believe the hype that sky sports feeds them bout their precious EPL!

Oh, it's the victim card. Never see that coming. My bad.

You are giving out about everyone and yet you are the one doing the most moaning with your generalisations.

yup definitley a few noses out of joint :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tumblr_mjxfa23N3g1r0ftodo1_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

aramush wrote: »
    I think the stats and the game itself tell us all we need to know about the gulf in class between the sides but ultimately the only stat that counts is that on the scoreboard. Liverpool need to be more clinical as the Premier League arrives while Celtic return to a mickey mouse league which they will probably walk once again. Bring them to play in the English league, lets see what they're made of!

Would that be as high a standard as the Champions league that we did so well in last season i wonder? Anyway it's a stupid point cos if Celtic were in the epl it would be a completely different team and squad for a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Well thats it decided. Even in victory, Celtic fans are the biggest victims in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Well thats it decided. Even in victory, Celtic fans are the biggest victims in football.

WTF are you on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Was it just Irish based supporters of both clubs in attendance or were there travelling supporters also?

Aidric wrote: »
    Was it just Irish based supporters of both clubs in attendance or were there travelling supporters also?

I know a few bhoys from Glasgow that were over but suprigisngly most Irish based Celtic fans i know here in Donegal didnt bother to go, i think it was more of a novelty for the Irish Liverpool fans today than it was for the Irish Celtic fans as i think the Celtic fans here in general travel to more home games than EPL fans -not having another dig just more to do with cost & availablity of tickets & other factors.

aramush wrote: »

We beat your lot in Europe last time we played each other quite comfortably & we beat you again today despite fielding basically our reserves as i said earlier with a £90 million difference cost in teams

so imagine what we would do to you if we were on the same level financially??.. id love the chance to find out but i cant see the EPL ever allowing it as we would soon be a top 3 team every season which is more than can be said for the once mighty Liverpool.

• Advertisement

So celtic fans give out about the evil EPL and sky sports hyping the **** out of it but yet the want celtic to join it.

So celtic fans give out about the evil EPL and sky sports hyping the **** out of it but yet the want celtic to join it.

Course i do im not gonna deny the Scottish league is getting pretty dire especilly with our old rivals dead .. i cant remember calling the EPL evil just saying that the Irish barstool fans of it can be very smug at tmes which makes days like today all the more sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yet they forget what channel Celtic matches can be found on.

End of the day celtic are bar far the best team in an awful league. Liverpool are about the 6th best in one of the most competitive leagues in world.
    Celtic supporters are rightly celebrating now after beating a far superior team.
    Liverpool supporters would be doing the same after beating a Barcelona or Bayern Munich standard team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

End of the day celtic are bar far the best team in an awful league. Liverpool are about the 6th best in one of the most competitive leagues in world.
    Celtic supporters are rightly celebrating now after beating a far superior team.
    Liverpool supporters would be doing the same after beating a Barcelona or Bayern Munich standard team.

Errrm, 7th best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EPL is not competitive in the slightest.

All you need is money and you can win it.

Shame Pats dont play Celtic in some sort of Dublin decider final :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

We beat your lot in Europe last time we played each other quite comfortably & we beat you again today despite fielding basically our reserves as i said earlier with a £90 million difference cost in teams

so imagine what we would do to you if we were on the same level financially??.. id love the chance to find out but i cant see the EPL ever allowing it as we would soon be a top 3 team every season which is more than can be said for the once mighty Liverpool.

"We"and "your", who are you addressing the post to, John Henry ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And if he's Neil Lennon his posts are starting to make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

we would soon be a top 3 team every season

Lay off the drugs, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Course i do im not gonna deny the Scottish league is getting pretty dire especilly with our old rivals dead .. i cant remember calling the EPL evil just saying that the Irish barstool fans of it can be very smug at tmes which makes days like today all the more sweet

I'm lost here. Are you from Glasgow or just deluded beyond all belief?

Don't be daft. Most Celtic supporters couldn't give a damn if the reserves beat a Premiership team in a friendly.

The reality is Celtic will be playing in the Champions league next season so are well used to playing top teams in Europe's elite competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Slightly tardy to the party but congrats celtic, deserved the win today. Liverpool bossed possession but ye took your goal well and defended well. Best of luck this season

Lay off the drugs, man.

Are you telling me Celtic wouldn't vastly improve with SKY TV money?

Top 3 initially would be optimistic but after a while there's no reason why they wouldn't be comparable to Spurs or Liverpool.
    Take the current revenue streams ( adding on the tv money ), size of the support and stadium being filled every week and to say otherwise would be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

we would soon be a top 3 team every season
    well, every second season anyway ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement