Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dublin Decider 17.00 KO (Liverpool v Celtic)

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    why do you keep referring to me as if im not here ???

I can see you. You exist. Believe in yourself oranbhoy. The blood of your ancestors is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

you just mentioned more settlers in Glasgow in your last post hence more family ties etc. in fairness do try and be consistent at least and ya, of course success is a factor. Dont see too many tricolours or hear irish songs at Easter Road do we? Not a thing wrong with of course but its easy to see why irish fans would be more drawn towards celtic

Ive also heard Hibs fans use Anti-Irish slurs towards our support on many occasions, not in chants like other teams but from indvidual fans.. wasnt the harp also removed from the crest too to try and downplay the Irish Links at one point?? as i said the Hibs fans in the main resisted and fair play to them for that but its well known that the Board (think it was one particular chairman his name escapes me) at Hibs tried to pull a Dundee United at one point in shame at their Irish roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Im in one of those moods where id argue with my toenails for the sake of it so im off to cot, take care bhoys. Hail hail!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Ive also heard Hibs fans use Anti-Irish slurs towards our support on many occasions, not in chants like other teams but from indvidual fans.. wasnt the harp also removed from the crest too to try and downplay the Irish Links at one point?? as i said the Hibs fans in the main resisted and fair play to them for that but its well known that the Board (think it was one particular chairman his name escapes me) at Hibs tried to pull a Dundee United at one point in shame at their Irish roots.

Whats that got to do with English fans and what they might or might not sing? :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I suppose oranbhoy, as one of the few full yBritish posters here has more of a right to an opinion about Liverpool than most of us Irish people.

We didnt earn out right to support an English team by being born loyal subjects of HM Queen Elizabeth like you did so we all offer our apologies as blow in fans of a foreign team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

you are correct, but that was 1 man.

anyway im off to bed.

well done celtic today.

Whats that got to do with English fans and what they might or might not sing? :confused:

Eh where did i say it was anything to do with English fans?? im answering about the hibs situation obviously

5starpool wrote: »
    I suppose oranbhoy, as one of the few full yBritish posters here has more of a right to an opinion about Liverpool than most of us Irish people.

We didnt earn out right to support an English team by being born loyal subjects of HM Queen Elizabeth like you did so we all offer our apologies as blow in fans of a foreign team

Born to Irish parents ,so an Irish Citizen from birth, and hold an Irish passport try again im not for biting :)

http://www.designerstalk.com/forums/attachments/showcase/11375d1325244221-consulting-website-oh-no___-not-****-again.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Born to Irish parents ,so an Irish Citizen from birth, and hold an Irish passport try again im not for biting :)

Why don't you try supporting a LOI side so if your irish.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »

Maybe he doesn't have one

Riight i dont expect any Irish EPL fans to suddenley turn round & denounce their team for Celtic... i cant be ersed arguing either... i just think a bit more respect for what Celtic has acheved both on and off the pitch would be nice from your modern day Irishman.. yet a lot of them seem to think ( by product of the sitution up north maybe) that being a Celtic fan equals being a chav or a pissed up plastic paddy republican . anyway im offski too im in a happy mood .. i stirred up a wee hornets nest tonight my apologies for that but was just after a wee debate.. night all

niallo27 wrote: »

im from the Irish Diaspora of the UK i support the Football team that represents the Irish Dispora in the UK.. thanks for adressing me in person this time btw much apprecited :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is a great post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

40467162.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This thread has been an embarrassment from start to finish. Well done Mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Dempsey wrote: »
    This thread has been an embarrassment from start to finish. Well done Mods

Cool story bro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

This guff seems to continuously circulate among a section of the celtic support for some reason - there are plenty books covering this period that will shed a little more light on this myth. We still receive comments from celtic fans on a regular basis lamenting the ethnic impurity of our support base, Im sure its a minority but pretty ironic from a support often claiming anti-fascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

i just think a bit more respect for what Celtic has acheved both on and off the pitch would be nice from your modern day Irishman.

I've as much respect for Celtic as I do any other foreign club. In my eyes they're no one special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Cringiest thread I've read for quite a while. Good going lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Was there many celtic fans there,it seemed all liverpool on the tv anyway i was suprised by that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Good workout and confidence booster for the team :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

There are pages and pages of how the match went etc but id say you jumped in at the end didnt you?

Really? Wouldn't have copped that now of you hadn't told me, sorry. Thanks though, of it's no trouble would you mind PM'n me the links to the pages of how the game went, a little lost heresy elf, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Liamalone wrote: »
    Cool story bro!

The cool story is that I enjoyed watching a Celtic reserve side beat a near full strength Liverpool one. The liverpool fans might aswell stayed in the pubs for all the atmosphere they were trying to generate.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Was there many celtic fans there,it seemed all liverpool on the tv anyway i was suprised by that
    It was probably about 70% Liverpool fans, but the Celtic fans made the majority of the noise.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

What about the ones who didn't know who they supported. like the bloke pictured a few pages back or the guy in the liverpool shirt celebrating Celtic's goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

dan1895 wrote: »
    What about the ones who didn't know who they supported. like the bloke pictured a few pages back or the guy in the liverpool shirt celebrating Celtic's goal?

Such a shame you can't support both.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Such a shame you can't support both.

You can follow two teams like a lot of people but supporting two while they are playing each other? Don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

dan1895 wrote: »
    You can follow two teams like a lot of people but supporting two while they are playing each other? Don't think so.

Yeah, especially in a friendly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Riight i dont expect any Irish EPL fans to suddenley turn round & denounce their team for Celtic... i cant be ersed arguing either... i just think a bit more respect for what Celtic has acheved both on and off the pitch would be nice from your modern day Irishman.. yet a lot of them seem to think ( by product of the sitution up north maybe) that being a Celtic fan equals being a chav or a pissed up plastic paddy republican . anyway im offski too im in a happy mood .. i stirred up a wee hornets nest tonight my apologies for that but was just after a wee debate.. night all

That's because the reality is that most (IMO 80%) of Irish Celtic fans are just that, they are plastic paddy republican eejits stuck in the 1980s. No I take that back, 90% of them are like that.

I have a lot of time for the real Celtic fans they are a good bunch especially the Green Brigade but the reality of the situation is the vast majority of Irish Celtic fans are as described.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    That's because the reality is that most (IMO 80%) of Irish Celtic fans are just that, they are plastic paddy republican eejits stuck in the 1980s. No I take that back, 90% of them are like that.

I have a lot of time for the real Celtic fans they are a good bunch especially the Green Brigade but the reality of the situation is the vast majority of Irish Celtic fans are as described.

You're the only one coming across as a ****ing ejiet on the this thread. I have plenty of mates who support Liverpool, none would have the warped view you hold.

Cop yourself on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement