Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help! Missing Female Cat Tabby Black/Brown, Woodtown Lodge Sligo (4-10 august)

Options
  • 10-08-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello Dear Sligo'ers,

Please help me find my cat. Perhaps you have seen her this week.
    I have posted 2 lost and found ads online but they probably won't be seen - Boards.ie is better, because there are real people here and also from Sligo.

She has been living with us since she was a kitten.
    On the first weekend of August '13 she did not come home.

21devic.jpg291cr41.jpg

IDENTIFICATION
    Colour: Tabby (Black/Grey/Brown patterns,ginger chest).
    Sex: Female
    Size: Medium
    Unique feature: The top of one of her ears has a small tiny 1 cm tear for closer identification.

Reward will be given to the finder. Please call me if you see her. She is priceless and part of our family. WE MISS HER SO MUCH.
    She does not have a collar because she doesn't wear it, she could have been mistaken for homeless! :'(

Phone: <snip>

Also if you have not seen her but know of anyone I can call: shelter, rescue, vet. Please tell me where I can keep looking for her. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CatOwner

The reward is 50€ if you see her. Please keep her in mind.

I suspect she is still in the Pearse Road/Cairns Road Area and especially around Sligo Park Hotel

Also, if anyone knows who I can call in case she has been "rescued" by someone and "stolen" from me, please tell me of any animal services you know who I can contact in Sligo.

She is wandering around starving for almost a week. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Have you contacted Sligo Animal Rescue? They are on Facebook and could probably share your photo. They have a big following in the region.

Contact details sent via PM. Will keep a lookout for you.

Thanks Kettleson I have contacted them but Dorothy said they do not have any Adult cats at the moment.
    I will write to them also to ask them to put the pictures on Face book.

I will contact the garda station too (I read that animal welfare should always notify garda before they take cats in).
    I will print a few leaflets to put in nearby shops and around the area also.

Any other suggestions are welcome? How can I spread the news faster and reach more people in Sligo?

Ocean Fm Tomorrow morning. Ring in give description, they will put out message. Text in or ring in message a few times during the day. They are normally very understanding and accommodating of local issues inc lost pets.

Do the same thing Moday.

Posters on lamposts in the area you think she might be. Re post them again as many times as needed. The Garda won't mind.

Posters with picture in all local shops. Ask Sligo Animal Rescue to share photo.

Hopefully she will be back soon. Is she neutered? Has she gone missing before?

Was there any sort of disruption in her normal day to day routine?

Thank you, I will contact Ocean FM, put up posters and share the lostandfoundpets.ie link with Cat groups on facebook.

She has been neutered when we got her as a kitten from a shelter 5-6 years ago when she was a kitten.

She has been gone before for 2-3 days but its 7 days today since we saw her last.

This year she started spraying the cars and the doors (inside - why?). Last Sunday we cleaned up and let her out in the morning and she did not come home and "Meow" or "Beat the door with her paws heavily" as she does.

Can you and anyone willing to help please share this?
    http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/q8pmrt and click "Help this cat" - to share on face book, twitter etc.

• Advertisement

CatOwner wrote: »

This year she started spraying the cars and the doors (inside - why?). Last Sunday we cleaned up and let her out in the morning and she did not come home and "Meow" or "Beat the door with her paws heavily" as she does.

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/q8pmrt and click "Help this cat" - to share on face book, twitter etc.

Some possible suggestions:

"Some male cats pee outside the box to 'mark' their territory, but a female who pees outside the box has either a medical problem (GO TO VETS IMMEDIATELY TO RULE OUT BLADDER INFECTION) or is stressed out because of a sudden and abrupt change in her environment. From a cat's point of view, EVERYTHING in their environment creates continuity and security. Assuming your cat is an indoor only cat, has there been any recent changes in any of the following?
    Familiar household member(s) left?
    Household member(s) newly arrived?
    New pet in household?
    New brand, texture, scent of cat litter?
    Cat litter box moved to new location?
    Litter box not cleaned daily?
    Your schedule has changed and you come home at a different time and leave at a different time or spend less time petting her?
    Scratching post moved to new location?
    Cat now sees new cat in neighborhood when sitting on window perch?
    Different feeding time?
    Different food?
    Cat bed moved to new location?
    Cat locked out of room/area she used to have access to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

She may have crossed Pearse Road into some of the fields there or even got as far as the estate behind the retail park. Try v late at night to go around calling her by name or with her tin of food and a fork- she will be more likely to come out to a familiar voice or sound without all the usual day noises that may be frightening her. Make up a few posters with a large picture of her and put them on poles at the entrance of estates and local shops you can cover outdoor ones in cellophane in case of rain.

Unfortunately as she wasn't wearing collar someone might have just taken a liking to her and presumed she was a stray and as she can't find her way home she might hang around. Good luck and don't give up hope, chances are someone is looking after her!

Thank you for your help!

I think she may be around the Pearse Road Area, she may have been here last night.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=599021096817110&set=a.187229701329587.66277.184177351634822&type=1&theater

Please Share on Face book if you can on Sligo Animal Rescue

Advertisement