Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primal Scream Irish Tour - October 2013

Options
  • 10-08-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to see The Scream anywhere this October? I've seen them twice this year, but I'm hoping these shows will lean more towards More Light than the greatest hits set at FF and Glasgow.

The new album is really great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Hope to see them in Cork (as part of the Jazz Festival I THINK), wouldn't call myself a massive fan but it'll be good to see them, especially so close to home. Must give their most recent album a proper listen :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Great live band, but some of the new stuff is a bit naff. They never fail to break out the classics at their gigs, though. Saw them 3 years ago (I think) in that place on Dame Street... forget the name... but they were ace

Typically I'm out of the country for it. Should be absolutely class.

I read earlier in the week that Le Galaxie are supporting them. That will be a fairly epic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

This is their set from the iTunes fest last month:

Jailbird
    Burning Wheel
    Shoot Speed/Kill Light
    Relativity
    Damaged
    River of Pain
    Goodbye Johnny
    It's Alright, It's OK
    Swastika Eyes
    Country Girl
    Rocks
    Encore:
    Walking with the Beast
    I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have
    Loaded
    Movin' On Up

Fairly decent set, Shoot Speed/Kill Light would be epic live!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Shoot Speed/Kill Light would be epic live!

It is, they used to always play it, but I haven't seen them in years other than the Screamadelica show in the o2.

Must check out some of the new stuff they're playing live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I quite like the new album. If you take Bobby Gillepsie for what he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

I quite like the new album. If you take Bobby Gillepsie for what he is!

what is he??

Someone who sings about the voices of decent getting rich, and then lives in north London and sends his children to private school!

Anyone heading to see The Scream anywhere this October? I've seen them twice this year, but I'm hoping these shows will lean more towards More Light than the greatest hits set at FF and Glasgow.

The new album is really great!

Going to PS gig in Galway ... no mention of support, Le Galaxie or otherwise.
    Hope it is though.
    Saw PS in Derry in March this year (part of City Of Culture thingy) .... brill live show, really really good. A mix of the old and the new. Then they come across sh*t on a few tv shows I saw them on lately ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

holly8 wrote: »
    Hope it is though.

Le Galaxie are definitely supporting the dates in the republic, seen them announce it on fb and twitter, also was on the hotpress website.

Very tempted to get tickets

• Advertisement

Hope it is though.
    Saw PS in Derry in March this year (part of City Of Culture thingy) .... brill live show, really really good. A mix of the old and the new. Then they come across sh*t on a few tv shows I saw them on lately ....

I saw one of their festival slots during the summer... on BBC. It could have been T in the Park, and the crowd weren't going for it at all. Looked like a pretty bad show.

But then I saw an itunes festival video from last week and it seemed they did a great job. Bobby looking as a good as ever in a pink suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I'm going to the Cork gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I'm going to the Olympia and currently have no one coming with me so any nice boardsies want to meet before hand in the pub next door (grogans or brogans or something?)

Witchie I'm now going to be in the country unfortunately, but am waiting to see if I'll be in Dublin or not. If I am I'll give you a shout!

Deadly! :D

It's on this week :cool: First indoor gig in Dublin since the (second) Screamadelica Tour, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Wiki lists Kevin Shields as a current band member, that's not correct, is it? If so, is he touring with them?

It was great when he used to play with them live, but he's got more on these days.

very good show in Galway last night, seemed to play for ages. Very small crowd and a bit of a stage invasion ... it looked fun on stage while it lasted! :D

Anyone got stage times?

Anyone got stage times?

on stage last night 10:30pm .. very late!

• Advertisement

on stage last night 10:30pm .. very late!

Bollocks, I've to have left Dublin by half eleven!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Bollocks, I've to have left Dublin by half eleven!

Its in the Olympia, I think they will have everybody chucked out by 11:30 seeing as the doors open at 7:30.

Still no stage times from MCD, anyone know when they're expected on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

very good show in Galway last night, seemed to play for ages. Very small crowd and a bit of a stage invasion ... it looked fun on stage while it lasted! :D

Really bad acoustics in and sound in Leisureland though, but they made up for it with a great live performance.

The one security guard single-handedly clearing the stage of 20 drunken revelers was pretty funny to watch.

Crap sound in the olympia tonight but they were still epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I went to a gig in the Olympia before and the sound was great. It's a coincidence that they sounded crap in Galway too. Maybe PS have a crap sound engineer but you'd think not as they have been doing this for years and are pretty damn good entertainers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Great gig, lost me for a bit in the middle as I dont know a lot of the new stuff but that last 40 minutes or so, brilliant.

Ears are still ringing.

What a gig, they are on top form. I'll be dreaming of that bassline from Burning Wheel for weeks!

Great gig. I particularly enjoyed Walking with the Beast, Goodbye Johnny, Culturecide and It's Alright, It's Ok. I'm fairly certain I'll never quite be able to hear as well again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement