Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horses on Waterford beaches in the summer ?

Options
  • 10-08-2013 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I was just wondering if i can bring my horses onto waterford beaches in the summer i have brought them in the winter but is it different in the summer ? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not even sure its allowed during the winter, but since dogs are not allowed in the summer you can safely assume its not permitted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dave_Power

Lake tour stables bring their horses down to the beach in the winter, but never during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachel166

you mustnt be aloud then thanks :D any news on pat flavin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Sully wrote: »
    Not even sure its allowed during the winter, but since dogs are not allowed in the summer you can safely assume its not permitted.

Is it safe to assume that there is any connection between the dog walking and horse riding? I walk dogs and after some recent misinformation on local radio about dogs on Waterford beaches I checked all the relevant regulations and none of them made any mention of horses.

http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/waterservices/bathingwater/

I also found this
    Mr. M. Quinn, Director of Services, confirmed to Cllr. Nugent that Waterford County
    Councils Beach Bye Laws do not specify a ban on horse riding on beaches.
    from here, but that doesn't imply I'd condone horse riders galloping across the sands when the beach is full of people in the summer even though there seems to be nothing to stop them except common sense.

• Advertisement

Is it safe to assume that there is any connection between the dog walking and horse riding? I walk dogs and after some recent misinformation on local radio about dogs on Waterford beaches I checked all the relevant regulations and none of them made any mention of horses.

http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/waterservices/bathingwater/

I also found this from here, but that doesn't imply I'd condone horse riders galloping across the sands when the beach is full of people in the summer even though there seems to be nothing to stop them except common sense.

Indeed, assumptions are the mother of all....

I'm closing all your other threads and renaming this thread to cover all Waterford County beaches. No need to have a thread covering every single beach, the one covering them all will do the trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Will you be cleaning up its crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

RE the other thread of the trio "horse on stradbally beach during the summer ?" tbh while there is nothing to stop you taking a horse down there its probably the last place I'd recommend. Parking can be dreadful, you can't really risk taking a horse box down into the beech car park in case you get stuck in the sand and on a nice day the beach can be quite full, with the tide in there is next to no beach to speak of anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

See horses on Clonea beach quite a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Is there not an implied restriction, if dogs are banned during the summer it would automatically apply to horses.
    This is the same as "No Dogs" allowed in shops, you cannot expect a whole list of animals, some have got no pets.
    Do we need to have all these things spelt out, are we not intelligent enough to appreciate the difficulty, and I am not suggesting or making any rude remarks and to a degree understand the concern of the poster's, so please forgive me if you mis-interpret my post.
    In this day and age of so called hygienic compliance there are some people who probably need banning more than some animals.
    I just love the Waterford County coast line, sheer beauty

Advertisement