Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far can you get on 10 euros of fuel?

• 10-08-2013 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15

I've a ybr 125 and with 10 euros of fuel I can go about 220km before it runs out. How far can you get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

I've a ybr 125 and with 10 euros of fuel I can go about 220km before it runs out. How far can you get?

I can't beat that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

About 80 kilometers.. My bike f*cking devours the juice :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

110ish kilometres is my rough estimate. 1150GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

AgileMyth wrote: »
    110ish kilometres is my rough estimate. 1150GS.

About the same on my 1690cc Harley FXDB :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd say about as far as 3rd gear...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

About 1/4 of a mile.....:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

About 22 quid gets me 220km at absolute maximum. So a tenner would get me 100km by that reckoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

160 km, Er6 f at full power!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭babaracus

About the same as the ybr on a Honda cbf 125. A miser on juice with R1 levels of performance (performance bit not true).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭BKtje

About 210 km on my 300 if I'm careful or on the motorway, 180 if I'm not. That said I'm converting from Swiss francs so probably not accurate due to price differences. To be more accurate, I get about 27- 31 km per litre depending on how I drive though some others claim significantly higher economy on the same bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd guess at 170 km going flat out, but could be as high as 220 if going on roads where I don't choke the fook out of the throttle. 125 Varadero.

I'd guess at 170 km going flat out, but could be as high as 220 if going on roads where I don't choke the fook out of the throttle. 125 Varadero.

My previous bike was a 2002 Varadero and could do 220 miles on a full tank on the old Dublin-Waterford road (up and back).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

Every commuters daily dilemma, twist the throttle a smile or idle along in top gear with an extra tenner in your back pocket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

About 85 km , Kawasaki z750

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Around 100km depending on how hard I twist the throttle.
    Bandit 600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A tenner will get me about 100km, Yamaha Dragstar 650cc

I've always wondering about it as it seemed expensive to me. A full tank is 20 quid and it gets me 125 miles which is 200km. Would people see that as poor fuel efficiency for a 650cc ?

It was certainly a big fright when I bought it as previously I was on a Aprilia 125 moped and €10 was getting me around about the same as what €20 is getting me on the Yamaha so I was a bit surprised when my fuel costs doubled overnight.

Muahahaha wrote: »

I've always wondering about it as it seemed expensive to me. A full tank is 20 quid and it gets me 125 miles which is 200km. Would people see that as poor fuel efficiency for a 650cc ?

It was certainly a big fright when I bought it as previously I was on a Aprilia 125 moped and €10 was getting me around about the same as what €20 is getting me on the Yamaha so I was a bit surprised when my fuel costs doubled overnight.

Seems about right to me. Fuel efficiency went out the window when I went from 125->650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont have the actual figures but I will stick a tenner in it and see next time I am out....but its quite good on juice.

Have to say I am pleasantly surprised about the MPG on the Sprint 1050 S.T. compared to my old FZ6. Its only a tad heavier, going up and down the north the last two weeks or so its been there or there abouts nothing major in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

bout 80-90km I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

About 100kms on a tenner for me. Goes in no time really.
    Bandit650.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

A bit over 110km on SV650S, I could ride a good bit easier though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I get 180-200km on my 1997 Yamaha XV250. On my 2004 Triumph Bonneville, I'm getting about 80-90km but there's an oil leak near the gasket and I reckon some extra air is getting in there and she's eating more fuel than she should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Would it not be easier just to post up your mpg or l/100km ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

dunno but i used 22euro's worth of fuel between applegreen just outside dublin and galway yesterday:eek: mind you it only took just over an hour......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

serious3 wrote: »
    dunno but i used 22euro's worth of fuel between applegreen just outside dublin and galway yesterday:eek: mind you it only took just over an hour......

Ah yeah, the motorway is handy for that. Difficult to keep it at just 120kmh though!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, the motorway is handy for that. Difficult to keep it at just 120mph though!! :)

ftfy;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Do you guys know www.fuelly.com? it's a great site/app where you can track your fill ups and mpg's etc.
    I don;t use it any more but I did for a while - here's mine - about 30mpg. Pretty awful, but it gets a lot better on long journeys, most of this is commuting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Muahahaha wrote: »

Dunno about bikes but my car, 1339cc petrol Honda Civic 1152kg, will do the same. €10 per 100km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

chrismon wrote: »
    Around 100km depending on how hard I twist the throttle.
    Bandit 600

I get about 120km for that. Not a city drive only! Mine is also Bandit 600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Dunno about bikes but my car, 1339cc petrol Honda Civic 1152kg, will do the same. €10 per 100km.

You see that is what I was scratching my head about. I have a Yamaha Dragstar which is 650cc and €10 gets me 100km approx. Then I have a 1400cc car which must weigh at least 3 times what the bike does yet €10 in the car also gets me around 100km.

I just always had it in my head that a bike is going to be more fuel efficient than a car because a) the engine is half the size and b) the weight is a third of what the car is.

But the petrol pumps and my wallet don't lie and my 1400cc car is probably just as fuel efficient as my 650cc bike which weighs a good deal less. Can someone explain where my logic has flunked ?!

Advertisement