Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far can you get on 10 euros of fuel?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Fiskar wrote: »
    160 km, Er6 f at full power!

I really doubt that unless you are somehow filling a tank with 10 quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You see that is what I was scratching my head about. I have a Yamaha Dragstar which is 650cc and €10 gets me 100km approx. Then I have a 1400cc car which must weigh at least 3 times what the bike does yet €10 in the car also gets me around 100km.

I just always had it in my head that a bike is going to be more fuel efficient than a car because a) the engine is half the size and b) the weight is a third of what the car is.

But the petrol pumps and my wallet don't lie and my 1400cc car is probably just as fuel efficient as my 650cc bike which weighs a good deal less. Can someone explain where my logic has flunked ?!

Cruisers have a special feature which turns fuel into noise and not much else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

serious3 wrote: »
    ftfy;)

What's ftfy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Blondie919 wrote: »
    What's ftfy?
    fixed that for you..... its used when you use quotes from people and alter them slightly for humerous purposes;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cruisers have a special feature which turns fuel into noise and not much else!

Well it'd be nice if you could tell me where the switch is so I can turn it off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Same as the original poster - 220 km or more. I can only get €10 worth in the tank when I'm on the fumes or if the petrol is really expensive but €8.50 gets me 200 km on a Rebel 125.
    I love it, 'specially when the Jeep before me has just loaded €80 worth into their tank :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

By my rough calculations, about 160km on my Ninja 250. I usually fill the tank, which costs about €20, reset the trip meter, then the fuel light will come on around the 180 mile mark and when it gets to around 200 I'll fill the tank again for about €20.

Much better than the 67.5km per tenner I get in my car though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

v twins aint terribly efficient, mpg wise (better at making noise then parallel twins though :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

100 km motorway riding for €10 on a 1700cc v-twin (logged it this morning, just for ****s & giggles) :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well it'd be nice if you could tell me where the switch is so I can turn it off !
    Try here:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/publish/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

About 800km. But there's be a hell of a lot of pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

185 km on a Honda NX 250 city or national roads, no motorway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

about 100km

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

190 km for 10 euro (6.25L)

Hyosung GV250 with ALL the trimmings (full windscreen, bat wings, 48L topbox, 2x hard panniers, engine guard, foot rests).

Needs the chain tightened a bit too. Will see if I can get it over 200km on the next sevice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Honda Steed VLX600

City Riding: ~110km
    Open Road Riding: ~170km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Around 210 km on cbr125r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I tried this out over the last 2 weeks.

'03 Yamaha Fazer 600 Foxeye
    City drive to work and M50 home each day.

Not worried about saving fuel (includes about 30k of 13,000 rpm for 1st-3rd gears)
    €10 @ €1.579
    64 miles - 102km

Reserved driving getting to 6th with the lowest rev's possible (rev's never went above 6.500 rpm on the M50)
    €10 @ €1.569
    64 miles - 102km

No difference!

I know which way I'll be riding from now on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Zascar wrote: »
    Do you guys know www.fuelly.com? it's a great site/app where you can track your fill ups and mpg's etc.
    I don;t use it any more but I did for a while - here's mine - about 30mpg. Pretty awful, but it gets a lot better on long journeys, most of this is commuting
    Started using this with my Sv650 and getting around 40mpg with 90% of my driving in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Started using this with my Sv650 and getting around 40mpg with 90% of my driving in town

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/alkers/sv650s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/darragh/fazer-600

My old Fazer. I have a new one but I don't track it anymore because I know I'll get the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Would it not make more sense to quote how far you can get on a certain amount of fuel, rather than price. Price varies from place to place but a litre is always a litre.....once everything is set up correctly in the petrol station, of course! This thread is about 6 weeks old now so it's likely that a tenner of fuel now is different amount of volume to a tenner of fuel 6 weeks ago, thereby already giving bad results.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

Absolutely true, but somehow the question of how far I get for a tenner is more relevant to me than how far I can get for x liters.

Advertisement