Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UN Human Rights Committee to adopt issues regarding Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

robindch wrote: »
    I'm not sure you noticed that Michael answered your question above - perhaps you could try replying to that and taking part in a discussion, instead of just delivering random questions and ignoring the replies that people write for you.

You've been asked to do this time and again in the past - if you can't manage it this time, you'll receive some moderator intervention.

I asked a question in this thread relating to how a particular organistion would instruct me to read a particular book.

I thought it was a fair question.

It got me into trouble.

The question was not answered.

I 'm a little suspicious when organisations imply I should see a book according to their context.

That's religiousity.

I'll answer the question they won't..." we should read it literally" And then attack it on that assumption.!

I disagree.

Big hoo- haa for an easy question though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    I asked a question in this thread relating to how a particular organistion would instruct me to read a particular book.
    Well, let me help out here - would

"Carefully"

be a helpful answer?

You could, of course, ask that "particular organization" yourself. I believe they have a forum here and I'm sure somebody there will be more than happy to help you out with any questions you might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

J C wrote: »
    Worship of Humans is found all over the place ... from 'groupies' worshipping the latest 'rock and roller' ... to people kissing the rings of Bishops ... and all kinds of people worshipping their leaders.

You have, right now, thanked more posts than you have had thanked posts - by a greater than 10% margin. I would post a pic of your thanked posts total bit I would estimate that by the time it goes up again we will all have had time to know for certain whether or not the second coming you so eagerly hope for can possibly happen.

I will go so far as to say that saving shenanigans, I see the second coming as more likely than your thankee:thanker relationship even gaining parity.

You've thanked more than 50 posts since you last posted here. (Maybe Lucy's resurrection wasn't the best indicator of a live thread)

robindch wrote: »
    Well, let me help out here - would

"Carefully"

be a helpful answer?

You could, of course, ask that "particular organization" yourself. I believe they have a forum here and I'm sure somebody there will be more than happy to help you out with any questions you might have.

"Carefully" implies a much wider scope than "literally". I agree with you.

I don't need their website address..I would not bother them there ....they have every right to their views. They start threads round here that range from "do this now" to "teach don't preach".Here is different!

But, don't believe me, trust your own eyes.Religious contradictions,eh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

"Carefully" implies a much wider scope than "literally". I agree with you.

I don't need their website address..I would not bother them there ....they have every right to their views. They start threads round here that range from "do this now" to "teach don't preach".Here is different!

But, don't believe me, trust your own eyes.Religious contradictions,eh!

You believe that a group you disagree with should not be allowed to post on boards? Is that correct?

You believe that a group you disagree with should not be allowed to post on boards? Is that correct?

Quite the opposite. I believe I have the right to disagree with them "here" but will not interfere with them "there" out of respect.

Let's favour no organisation but let them all post if they want.

And when we find them telling us what we should or should not do...let folks respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Quite the opposite. I believe I have the right to disagree with them "here" but will not interfere with them "there" out of respect.

Let's favour no organisation but let them all post if they want.

And when we find them telling us what we should or should not do...let folks respond.

Maybe start a new thread here then, or PM Michael. Your questions were wildly off topic though.

Advertisement