Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is UPC down for anyone else in the city center?

Options
  • 10-08-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I have had no internet and TV since last night. According to customer service there are no reported faults in Cork. We have to wait until Tuesday for an engineer to call out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I'm 2 km outside city center, no probs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

City center with UPC, no issues yesterday or today. Sucks man. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Southside here no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

all good here too just a tiny bit out of the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

In UPC's network your cable eventually runs back to a cabinet in the street where it gets connected to their fibre network. So, it could be a very localised issue.

The whole city centre wouldn't necessarily be down, but it could be a single cabinet somewhere.

There are also various distribution amps and stuff that could cause problems for an individual block of houses / apartment building etc.

Or, (most likely) it could be your modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Hope same thing doesn't happen to you that happened to my parents a few weeks ago. On reporting a fault upc came out to fix it but decided it wasn't worth fixing so after being customers since the days of cork multi channel they decided to withdraw the service instead from everyone on the road. This was in turners cross so not a remote area by any means. Seems to be cheaper for them these days to just not bother fixing a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

That's pretty ridiculous.

I think they should be obligated to provide cable service within their franchised areas.

I mean, can you imagine eircom turning around and say meh, your phone line's beyond repair. Have you considered a mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It used to be a pretty common thing for them to do, I didn't think it was still happening though.
    When I worked for them I seen it happen several times, the decision was always justified by saying they wouldn't recoup the costs involved in the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

You could check with them directly HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

In city centre (Patricks Quay) and it was fine here in the early hours... (didn't check this morning).

• Advertisement
Advertisement