Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook for Pages: New dashboard

Options
  • 10-08-2013 3:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see that the team over at Facebook have made more changes to Facebook Pages Admin. The dashboard is now divided into two sections, one showing the reach of your latest posts and how to increase those by paying and the other is the notifications (the old default way).

The update has resulted in accessing notifications now a heck of a lot slower and when I go into check my pages, I personally have little interest in seeing the progress of each post first. I can see the reach by looking at the post and decide if I want to increase it or not, I don't need to see it in the dashboard and certainly not as the main view.

Its clearly an effort by Facebook to increase revenue by showing the boost post facility. That and its made accessing pages for an admin slower than normal. Very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mine's been like that for months.

It only seems a smidgeon slower. Doesnt' worry me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RobGJ

I think the real problem is that organic reach will decline so that more pages will have to use the "promote post" button they display so prominently..I have also noticed that it is a tad slower alright but I can live with that, just hope the reach doesn't decline..

Advertisement