Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Politician Quits Race After Interview Gaffes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

At least she withdrew her campaign. If it was here in gombeenland, she'd probably keep plugging away - and get significant support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

These anti-foreigner "politicians" mainly seem to have been dragged out of the pub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The dude at the end was like a father scolding a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ms Banister also made confused statements in the broadcast about Judaism,
    voicing her support for kosher foods for Jewish people.

"Jews aren't under haram. They have their own religion which follows Jesus
    Christ," she said ....................

This is genius.

For added comedy, look at the video from 1.07 on.

jank wrote: »
    The dude at the end was like a father scolding a child.

can I answer that question

"NO"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

At least she withdrew her campaign. If it was here in gombeenland, she'd probably keep plugging away - and get significant support.

I watched Mick Wallace on Vincent Browne before the General Election, couldn't believe he got elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

can I answer that question

"NO"

Amazing bit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Australian Palin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ms Banister had only been in politics for 48 hours at the time of the interview and made a short statement alongside Mr Savage on Saturday, but she was not allowed to answer any questions.

She could have been in the Dail in no time with that track record :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Pretty much sums up the average intellect of the far right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I wonder if shes related to this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pretty much sums up the average intellect of the far right

Bit harst - I think it's more a case of summing up the way they swallow ideas without actually stopping to think whether they're true or not, which is a bit different.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She is cute though, so that would win votes.

A friend of mine made his selection of who to vote for based in order of hotness. Im pretty sure this was the same election in which Mary Lou got elected. At the time she was vaguely attractive. She has let herself go though.

Like a lot of cases like this, Im not annoyed that she didn't know the various things she didn't know, Im annoyed she didn't research any of the topics she is talking about before going on air, or at least know which areas she didn't know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't she the one who sang that "Friday" song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It was the dublin meedja that set her up

Turning every statement? Into a fúcking question? Drives me insane?

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

syklops wrote: »
    She is cute though, so that would win votes.

A friend of mine made his selection of who to vote for based in order of hotness. Im pretty sure this was the same election in which Mary Lou got elected. At the time she was vaguely attractive. She has let herself go though.

Like a lot of cases like this, Im not annoyed that she didn't know the various things she didn't know, Im annoyed she didn't research any of the topics she is talking about before going on air, or at least know which areas she didn't know about.

There's one chick who got at 2 out of the 3 votes on my old place in D6 for the local elections just for being hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

floggg wrote: »
    There's one chick who got at 2 out of the 3 votes on my old place in D6 for the local elections just for being hot.

And we wonder why we get a useless electorate.

Advertisement