Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Licence Query

Options
  • 10-08-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi There

I have a query that I am hoping someone can answer. I moved into a house in February of this year. The TV licence was up for renewal earlier this year (30/06/2013). There are 5 tenants in the house and its works out at €32.00 each.

I always pay my bills and have paid my share but obviously need to wait for the others to pay so the entire bill can be paid. The girls I live with are not very worried about this and don't seem to care about potentially being summonsed to court. We have received two reminder notices and a legal notice so far.

My query is how many more notices will be get before we get an automatic summons? The tv licence is in the name of a former tenant but could the authorities bring all of the current tenants to court? Im very worried about this and would appreciate any advise that anyone can offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

If anyone calls to the door looking for the licence, make sure you give their names.

Advertisement