Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croke Park queries (and at queries reagrding tickets, parking, match-day info, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Eh, no it really isn't free. Fare dodging results in regular, paying punters (like me) having to pay higher fares just to keep the whole shebang afloat. So thanks very much for that. Feel free to watch games at home from now on ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭fabvinny

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Eh, no it really isn't free. Fare dodging results in regular, paying punters (like me) having to pay higher fares just to keep the whole shebang afloat. So thanks very much for that. Feel free to watch games at home from now on ! :mad:

agreed,it wont break the bank from hueston into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

As regards taking the Luas from Red Cow, isn't the car park there always full very early? If Dublin or any team south of Dublin are playing, is it a realistic option? And with the 2 teams on Sunday both coming from south of Dublin and most them coming in on the M7, wouldn't you have to be there at the crack of dawn?

There are also 450 spaces at the Tallaght Park and Ride location. It's off the Belgard Rd, just before the Red Cow exit. Just follow the signs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You can park at Maynooth and get the train in, it stops right in Drumcondra. For people looking for tickets, especially for the all Irelands the season ticket is the way to go.Too late for that now for this year, but if you are in a county shirt and get in to town early, there may be people willing to sell at face value. The Gresham (outside it)is usually wortha try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

As regards taking the Luas from Red Cow, isn't the car park there always full very early? If Dublin or any team south of Dublin are playing, is it a realistic option? And with the 2 teams on Sunday both coming from south of Dublin and most them coming in on the M7, wouldn't you have to be there at the crack of dawn?

Cheeverstown could be a better option?

http://www.luas.ie/cheeverstown-park-ride.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

You can park at Maynooth and get the train in, it stops right in Drumcondra. For people looking for tickets, especially for the all Irelands the season ticket is the way to go.Too late for that now for this year, but if you are in a county shirt and get in to town early, there may be people willing to sell at face value. The Gresham (outside it)is usually wortha try.

One thing I dont like about the season ticket is that it caters almost exclusively for people who only follow their own county. I like to go to a lot of games where I am a neutral. Sometimes, I think I actually prefer going to a neutral game cos it means that Galway's performance won't be putting me in a bad mood! But a season ticket doesnt really cater for people who go neutral games, does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

One thing I dont like about the season ticket is that it caters almost exclusively for people who only follow their own county. I like to go to a lot of games where I am a neutral. Sometimes, I think I actually prefer going to a neutral game cos it means that Galway's performance won't be putting me in a bad mood! But a season ticket doesnt really cater for people who go neutral games, does it?
    This. Going to neutral games, I've always done it but I only get as far as the semi's. I wish they could have some sort of loyalty scheme that would reward fans like that. I've been to every QF and SF so far both codes, along with a load of league matches (along with the vast majority of Galway games), yet going to either final will be difficult. Luckily I've got my ticket pretty much sorted for the hurling from a Cork friend, but the football is the one I want to go to and I don't think I'll be getting one.

@ProudDub relax there a small bit, I've got a leap card myself, it was just a passing comment. No need to take it so personally! From my experience on the Luas on matchday I'd say about a quarter of the folk don't pay, if not more. Direct your anger at them. And as for telling me to stay at home, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Well apart from the championship it does. You could theoretically go to dozens upon dozens of league games if you wanted to, the season ticket gets you in for free to them all. Nevermind the club finals.

I suppose they could let you get a fiver off any championship fixture if you're a season ticket holder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Luas is def the way to go.

Used the Cheeverstown P&R before - you even avoid Newlands Cross.

All kids are also free on Luas every weekend at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

train were getting from Limerick is only arriving into Heuston at 1 and I want to make the minor game. How much would a taxi cost me if there is four of us to get as close as possible to croker to try and make the start of the minor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Smic16 wrote: »
    train were getting from Limerick is only arriving into Heuston at 1 and I want to make the minor game. How much would a taxi cost me if there is four of us to get as close as possible to croker to try and make the start of the minor!

About 12-14 quid.

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/dublin/Heuston+Station/Croke+Park/13-0

I got a taxi before and it came to €9 I think, got dropped off at Mountjoy Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smic16

:cool:dropped off near mountjoy square....reckon we'll make it for half one for the minor?.....maybe even manage to get a sneaky drink in before hand or we pushing it!

:cool:dropped off near mountjoy square....reckon we'll make it for half one for the minor?.....maybe even manage to get a sneaky drink in before hand or we pushing it!

Should make it in time for the minor if the train gets in for 1pm. As for a sneaky drink, a few cans on the train is the best you can hope for!

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »

@ProudDub relax there a small bit, I've got a leap card myself, it was just a passing comment. No need to take it so personally! From my experience on the Luas on matchday I'd say about a quarter of the folk don't pay, if not more. Direct your anger at them. And as for telling me to stay at home, lol.

I'm perfectly well relaxed, thanks very much. But if you make a flippant remark like the one that you did about the LUAS being free if you can avoid the ticket inspectors, how else are people supposed to take it, other than you plan on doing exactly that? I am directing my anger at folk who don't pay, as judging by your post, you are one of those folk. If you are not, that's fair enough, but I'm not a mind reader. As my X-Ray specs are in for repair at the moment, I can't see that Leap card burning a hole in your wallet very well. :cool:

Enjoy the game. :D

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm perfectly well relaxed, thanks very much. But if you make a flippant remark like the one that you did about the LUAS being free if you can avoid the ticket inspectors, how else are people supposed to take it, other than you plan on doing exactly that? I am directing my anger at folk who don't pay, as judging by your post, you are one of those folk. If you are not, that's fair enough, but I'm not a mind reader. As my X-Ray specs are in for repair at the moment, I can't see that Leap card burning a hole in your wallet very well. :cool:

Enjoy the game. :D
    Well my apologies, didn't know you felt so strongly about people skipping the Luas, perhaps you should write a letter to a local councillor explaining your feelings? This can't go unchecked, better to lead my example rather than just give out anonymously on-line.

Thanks, can't make it this weekend, spending too much on the oul leap card, it's costing me a fortune these days:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Did they lift the barrier on the toll at Port Laoise for a while yesterday?

There was no traffic when I got there and it was operating normally but we hit heavy traffic again after Nenagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

Hey, wondering if anyone could shed some light on this -

Friend of mine is going to croke park tomorrow and bringing 2 kids. The older guy has a ticket of his own but the 2 year old doesn't. Doesn't it say that every person must have a ticket for insurance purposes etc? Saw it here in the FAQ http://www.crokepark.ie/faq ? Just asking because she got the tickets in Super Valu and they told her that there would be no problem with the child sitting on her lap..but I'm not convinced. She is trying to ring croke park but so far can't get through.

Alqua wrote: »
    Hey, wondering if anyone could shed some light on this -

Friend of mine is going to croke park tomorrow and bringing 2 kids. The older guy has a ticket of his own but the 2 year old doesn't. Doesn't it say that every person must have a ticket for insurance purposes etc? Saw it here in the FAQ http://www.crokepark.ie/faq ? Just asking because she got the tickets in Super Valu and they told her that there would be no problem with the child sitting on her lap..but I'm not convinced. She is trying to ring croke park but so far can't get through.

http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Health---Safety/Ground-Regulations

"Every person (including infants) entering the ground must have a ticket."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Do Irish rail do any special services for big GAA matches anymore say like Tralee to drumcondra station (via the phoenix park tunnel) or Westport/ballina to Drumcondra either via athlone-mullingar or the phoenix park tunnel?

petronius wrote: »
    Do Irish rail do any special services for big GAA matches anymore say like Tralee to drumcondra station (via the phoenix park tunnel) or Westport/ballina to Drumcondra either via athlone-mullingar or the phoenix park tunnel?

I've heard of them doing these in the past but haven't heard any talk of them this year, specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

@MrJoeSoap, Thought as much. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I've heard of them doing these in the past but haven't heard any talk of them this year, specifically.

Yeah I haven't heard of them in a while and as a rail enthusiast more the pity.
    I did hear before trains from Navan to connolly on the old Navan-Drogheda line were put on for some Meath matches - I have also seen ancient posters in pubs about railway specials for GAA matches
    But surely having Drumcondra station close by Croker and a line to the west - sligo line and galway and westport, and indeed Cork and Limerick and Kerry via the phoenix park tunnel would provide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

I booked the train to Dublin that will get me there by 1pm.. And there's very, very little chance I'll actually get a ticket the proper way, am I arriving too late to get 2 tickets at a reasonable price around the city on the day do you think?

m0ynihan wrote: »
    I booked the train to Dublin that will get me there by 1pm.. And there's very, very little chance I'll actually get a ticket the proper way, am I arriving too late to get 2 tickets at a reasonable price around the city on the day do you think?

Is this for Sunday or the hurling final? If it's this Sunday you should be fine.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Is this for Sunday or the hurling final? If it's this Sunday you should be fine.

Sorry, should have said hurling final!

Sorry, should have said hurling final!

I'd say that tickets will be scarce enough on the ground come Sunday week, so I'd do your best to have one organised beforehand. That said, if you get into Heuston for 1pm, get straight to the top of O'Connell Street (Wynn's Hotel) and see what is happening there. If there's not much going on, follow the crowds toward Croker. No harm in maybe having a sign with you. You'd be doing very well to get one for face value but there are usually some floating about. The unique pairing might make it a bit tougher this year though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Driving up from Kerry on Sunday, 5 adults in the car so we are deciding to skip the rip-off Red-Cow and drive into the city and park in there instead. Any good recommendations? I'd prefer to park somewhere safe especially as I've never driven inside the M50 before in my life.

The Luas is just a rip-off inferior service when you consider it

€4 parking for the day + €4.40 X 5 adults = €22 or €26 to park & ride in from the Red Cow which will mean a full half hour standing in and out and having to watch your pockets like a hawk for fear of pickpocketing.

I'd rather be stuck in traffic in the comfort of my car than sharing a tram with the some of the local pond-life that frequents the trams up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Stinicker wrote: »
    Driving up from Kerry on Sunday, 5 adults in the car so we are deciding to skip the rip-off Red-Cow and drive into the city and park in there instead. Any good recommendations? I'd prefer to park somewhere safe especially as I've never driven inside the M50 before in my life.

The Luas is just a rip-off inferior service when you consider it

€4 parking for the day + €4.40 X 5 adults = €22 or €26 to park & ride in from the Red Cow which will mean a full half hour standing in and out and having to watch your pockets like a hawk for fear of pickpocketing.

I'd rather be stuck in traffic in the comfort of my car than sharing a tram with the some of the local pond-life that frequents the trams up there.

Irish Life Car Park Abbey Street 5€ all day on Sunday. 10/15 min walk to croker. go there all the time never a problem with safety. and by the time ye get back to the car lot of the traffic has gone. but as your from Kerry, you will more then likely be leaving at half time after the Dubs hammer you, :)
    Recommend that spot though, enjoy the game. and Up The Dubs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Sorry for the delay. Stickied till the end of the championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

is there a bar in the nally terrace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

can nally tickets go into hill no id imagine? is there a barrier between it and hill?

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    is there a barrier between it and hill?

Yes. It's not impossible to scale, from what I remember, but there'll be enough stewards to prevent you from doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

eire_lad wrote: »
    is there a bar in the nally terrace?

No bar in the Nally. Don't think there's any kind of shop at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

No bar in the Nally. Don't think there's any kind of shop at all.

Nope, there are toilets and that's it - http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Facilities

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    can nally tickets go into hill no id imagine? is there a barrier between it and hill?

Yes, there is a barrier. It's only about chest high. It is very easy to climb over. Unfortunately there will be tons of stewards (backed up by the Guards) stopping people from doing so on the day.

Nope, there are toilets and that's it - http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Facilities

According to that map there is no bar in can end / hognad stand so may be a little out of date..

eire_lad wrote: »
    According to that map there is no bar in can end / hognad stand so may be a little out of date..

There are bars shown on the map in the Hogan / corner of Hogan and Canal, if you change the level from "Entry" to "3".

• Advertisement

Yup saw that there... was goin to go in early watch the minor and get a good spot but dunno now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 darlinglass

Hello there!!
    Just wondering.. Best pubs to go to in city centre Dublin or near croker , for to watch the match, have a bit if banter like?? where will the fans normally go as this is my First all Ireland Home in a few years!!
    Heading up sunday morning...

;) All advice appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Hey Folks,

Not Looking for tickets here, I Got my a good bit ago! :D... (I'm an anti-bandwagoner too ;) but this isnt a rant) I have one enquiry..

I'm coming form Cork on Sat night and I'm planning to leave my Car at the Red Cow for Sat AND Sun night.. Is there a way of getting a two day ticket for the car park, rather than coming in on sunday getting another ticket... Any advice welcome.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

eire1987 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Not Looking for tickets here, I Got my a good bit ago! :D... (I'm an anti-bandwagoner too ;) but this isnt a rant) I have one enquiry..

I'm coming form Cork on Sat night and I'm planning to leave my Car at the Red Cow for Sat AND Sun night.. Is there a way of getting a two day ticket for the car park, rather than coming in on sunday getting another ticket... Any advice welcome.

Cheers.

Pretty sure you can only get a 24 hour ticket, would need to go back out to renew it.

Have you though about parking further out? It might be worth a phonecall as I'm not sure if there are P&R charges at Cheeverstown/Citywest stops.

Theres also a hotel close by to the last stop on the Saggart line, who's name escapes me at the moment.....

Their car park is so big 1 car parked for a couple of days wouldn't be noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

squrm wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can only get a 24 hour ticket, would need to go back out to renew it.

Have you though about parking further out? It might be worth a phonecall as I'm not sure if there are P&R charges at Cheeverstown/Citywest stops.

Theres also a hotel close by to the last stop on the Saggart line, who's name escapes me at the moment.....

Their car park is so big 1 car parked for a couple of days wouldn't be noticed

Ammmm myt give their customer care team and ask!! :rolleyes:

Is there any much closer I could park in???
    Oh wheres that???

Where would be the best place in Dublin to buy tickets on the day? Preferably somewhere I could get to via Luas!

• Advertisement

Where would be the best place in Dublin to buy tickets on the day? Preferably somewhere I could get to via Luas!

Outside Wynn's hotel on O'Connell Street. 2 minute walk from the Abbey Street stop. Failing that, head towards Croker and shout that you're looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I am arriving in dublin around 10am. I need to be as close to the stadium as possible.- my dad has just had an operation in his leg (veins about 2weeks ago)so walking far is not an option. Is clonliffe college parking a come as you are place or do i need to prebook it?
    I dont mind the traffic getting out after- once he has little to walk and is sitting after.

Many thanks in advance.

I am arriving in dublin around 10am. I need to be as close to the stadium as possible.- my dad has just had an operation in his leg (veins about 2weeks ago)so walking far is not an option. Is clonliffe college parking a come as you are place or do i need to prebook it?
    I dont mind the traffic getting out after- once he has little to walk and is sitting after.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, Clonliffe is first come, first served. Unfortunately, you are leaving it a bit late to ask about this. Croke Park does have a drop off spot where people who can not walk well can be dropped of at prior to the driver going off to stash their car. You have to contact the Guards at Mountjoy Sq in advance, to arrange to to get past their barriers. If you want to do that, ring them as soon as you can, as they'll be mad busy as game time gets nearer.
    For people with mobility problems, and need to be dropped outside the stadium, patrons must contact Mountjoy Garda Station on +353 (1) 01 666 8600 or email events.mountjoy@garda.ieevents.mountjoy@garda.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Thanks for that.
    He only was passed fit this afternoon. Drop off is not the problem... its after the game. He's able to walk fine- just trying to minimising the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hotd

Anybody got any thoughts on the 5 PM throw in for the replay. I'm a Dub so not expensive travelling or overnight costs. I do think it is inconsiderate forcing supporters into spending a night in the capital in these lean times or failing that getting home at all hours. God know the Bannermen and the Rebels dont want to be "Dancing in the Dark" on motorways win, lose or (dont rule it out) draw. In a city of over 1 million I find it hard to believe that 80000 would gridlock an already traffic choked capital.

• Advertisement
Advertisement