Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croke Park queries (and at queries reagrding tickets, parking, match-day info, etc.)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

^^ its as joke to fix it at five o clock and I cant see why- maybe traffic reasons and it might cause traffic congestion.. but I think it shows little consideration for families and people who will be driving home after the game. Driving in the dark with that volume of traffic down the motorway will be very dangerous. Little consideration from the GAA for Cork and Clare supporters.
    It also demeans the value and build up of atmosphere for the game. Cant see any logic in it at all . 330 vs 5pm?? There has been little discussion in the media about the time either as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

kala85 wrote: »
    ^^ its as joke to fix it at five o clock and I cant see why- maybe traffic reasons and it might cause traffic congestion.. but I think it shows little consideration for families and people who will be driving home after the game. Driving in the dark with that volume of traffic down the motorway will be very dangerous. Little consideration from the GAA for Cork and Clare supporters.
    It also demeans the value and build up of atmosphere for the game. Cant see any logic in it at all . 330 vs 5pm?? There has been little discussion in the media about the time either as far as I can see.

What about the consideration of the locals?
    Every weekend for the last 2/3 months they lives are controlled by the GAA and matches in Croke Park. Look at Clonliff road as a perfect example and the roads around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Heard on the wireless today that the normal throw in time was changed to 5pm "after consultation with the Guards". What is on that day that would make them want it put back? I know that there is a big air show on in town on Sunday that over 100,000 people are expected at, but I'm not aware of anything on on the Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Will there be any game on before the Clare-Cork replay?

I suppose the minor and intermediate are all done for this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

was in premium level for the final although its expensive you get a great view of the game in whatever part your in and its nice to be in the heat at half time.

the only thing that annoyed me was that you were not allowed bring drinks out to your seat (theres no harm sitting watching the match with a drink in your hand) I was at RHCP in Premium level last year and you were allowed bring drinks to your seat but was rather suprised its differnt for the gaa. you can bring coffee out (which could scauld a person but cant bring out drink:confused::confused:)

Anyway Waterford won so it was a great day and hopefully i mite be in premium level again hopefully a u2 concert or garth brooks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hotd

Sorry PT but have to disagree. I support GAA policy on this one. I am a 10 year premium seat holder regularly see young (under 10) fans on this level to cheer on their heros. What kind of message would sitting near alcohol send out. Was at a Leinster game in Lansdowne last December and 2 "fans" in our row disrupted us no fewer than 11 times during the game to go out and bring beer back to their seats. No doubt they were at it before and after the game as well as at half time. By all means enjoy a drink when teams are off the pitch but I dont want to be like those guys in the lager ad passing drinks over their heads during a game. My gripe is with Association not enforcing its ban on those foghorns on level five. I came out of Dublin/Cork hurling semi with my ears buzzing for nearly 18 hours afterwards. Insurance claims got the fans off the pitch after finals so maybe it might be a way to get those noisey neighbours out of Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Was in the nally on sunday, great view in the corner up high practically at premium level..Was actually one of the better areas ive been in croke park for getting food or drink at half time. not overcrowded..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

eire_lad wrote: »
    Was in the nally on sunday, great view in the corner up high practically at premium level..Was actually one of the better areas ive been in croke park for getting food or drink at half time. not overcrowded..

Where is the food/drink in the Nally?

underneath the part of the terrace in the corner beside the hogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Anyone know if one can go between the upper tier and the lower tier after a game or are you filtered out the exits.

I have an Upper Cusack seat for the final but if Mayo win it I would like to get to the lower tier after the game to get closer to the on-field celebrations, lap of honour etc

• Advertisement

Is this your first time in croke park?? Your tickets get you into the ground...there is a seerate stairs then for the upper tier but you will have no problem... you could watch the whole game form the lower tier if you wanted but stewards would move you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is this your first time in croke park?? Your tickets get you into the ground...there is a seerate stairs then for the upper tier but you will have no problem... you could watch the whole game form the lower tier if you wanted but stewards would move you

Not on AI Final day you couldn't, you'd have a very hard time finding a seat that was unused.

You'll have no bother filtering down from the upper tier to the lower one, you'll have to make like you're leaving and when you get to the 3xx level just head in where the people are coming out :)

I have been in Croke Park more times than you have had posts on this site.

However I have never gone or tried to go between tiers before, during or after a game.

Over the past few years they have restricted the way people exit the ground immediatly after the game is over , e.g. if you are in 336 (Lower Hogan) you cannot exit at 331, they filter you out through the corner of Hogan and Nally.
    The same happens at the Davin, they do not allow you to exit through the Hogan, they filter you out the back on the Davin
    This is primarily to prevent build ups on Jones's road and other places.

So back to my question , does anyone know if after a game you can go down to the lower level after the game, or are you filtered out of the ground once you start to exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have been in Croke Park more times than you have had posts on this site.

However I have never gone or tried to go between tiers before, during or after a game.

Over the past few years they have restricted the way people exit the ground immediatly after the game is over , e.g. if you are in 336 (Lower Hogan) you cannot exit at 331, they filter you out through the corner of Hogan and Nally.
    The same happens at the Davin, they do not allow you to exit through the Hogan, they filter you out the back on the Davin
    This is primarily to prevent build ups on Jones's road and other places.

So back to my question , does anyone know if after a game you can go down to the lower level after the game, or are you filtered out of the ground once you start to exit.
    Wondering the very same thing .....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

km79 wrote: »
    Wondering the very same thing .....

The last time I was in Croke Park and pitch invasion took place was the 2009 hurling final. There was no problem coming down from the upper tiers that day and accessing the pitch via the lower tiers. If some steward tries denying you access on Sunday just tell them you have arranged to meet your lift in the lower tier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

The last time I was in Croke Park and pitch invasion took place was the 2009 hurling final. There was no problem coming down from the upper tiers that day and accessing the pitch via the lower tiers. If some steward tries denying you access on Sunday just tell them you have arranged to meet your lift in the lower tier.

No one is going to stop you.

But the problem on the Hogan side is that the stairs down from the upper deck bring you straight out in to the street. So don't go down that way.

And if you're being ushered out a way you don't want then go back out to the seats and walk around to where you want to go on that side.

I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but I'd imagine that whoever wins, a lot of the fans that are in the upper stands, will want to head down to the lower ones to be closer to the trophy presentation and pitch celebrations. I doubt if you will be the only person in the upper stands who wants to do that. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised if the stewards are told to keep people out of the lower stands, unless they have a seat in them. Health and safety and all that. Or they may not give a damm and they'll just wave you on through. Hard to know really, but sure give it a go.

bo-sco wrote: »
    No one is going to stop you.

But the problem on the Hogan side is that the stairs down from the upper deck bring you straight out in to the street. So don't go down that way.

And if you're being ushered out a way you don't want then go back out to the seats and walk around to where you want to go on that side.

Thanks, that's the sort of info I am looking for and the sort of situation I want to avoid, i.e exiting out on the street without wanting to.

If Mayo do win I am not however planning to head down straight after the final whistle, from what I heard about last year the on field celebrations lasted the bones of an hour, so the plan would be to head down and catch the lap of honour and whatever else is going on.
    At that stage hopefully the crowd would be less and the ushering of people out would have finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Very luckily got a ticket through work. Some sponsorship scheme. But reading the independent article. How does one verify the ticket is legit and not cancelled but the GAA?

Is there a helpline to call or something ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Are you able to get into Croke Park hotel tomorrow if you don't have a Hogan stand ticket? I'm Davin but planning on going to the Croke Park Hotel first.

Jones Rd was only open to Hogan Stand ticket holders for the Dublin/Kerry game. I haven't heard if it will be closed again for the final, but that's not to say it won't be. If it is, you won't be able to get to the hotel. If Jones Rd is open, you should be able to get into the hotel if you get there early enough. Once it gets too crowded, they stop letting people in. I was there around 2ish in 2011 and they had already stopped letting people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Jones Rd was only open to Hogan Stand ticket holders for the Dublin/Kerry game. I haven't heard if it will be closed again for the final, but that's not to say it won't be. If it is, you won't be able to get to the hotel. If Jones Rd is open, you should be able to get into the hotel if you get there early enough. Once it gets too crowded, they stop letting people in. I was there around 2ish in 2011 and they had already stopped letting people in.

Ah I'll be there earlier than that but I think Jones road is closed so getting in could be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

Thinking of getting the train on Saturday and I'm just wondering how long would it take to walk from Croke Park to Heuston station? I think the train leaves at 8.10 would I have enough time to get there after the match?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

About 40 or 50 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. Think it took me nearly an hour, but then again I was carrying luggage with me.

ProudDub, what about if you are resident in the hotel - I'm staying there on Saturday and Sunday night, but I'm at the ladies 7's tournament until 2.30/3, so will be going straight from there to the game. No idea where my tickets are yet, but I'll have to get changed before the game

About 40 or 50 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. Think it took me nearly an hour, but then again I was carrying luggage with me.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Cam24 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting the train on Saturday and I'm just wondering how long would it take to walk from Croke Park to Heuston station? I think the train leaves at 8.10 would I have enough time to get there after the match?

Get the Luas at Busarus or Abbey st, goes every few mins, or even Connolly as it will be packed after the match.Sat evening. Would take around 40 mins walk

Warper wrote: »
    Get the Luas at Busarus or Abbey st, goes every few mins, or even Connolly as it will be packed after the match.Sat evening. Would take around 40 mins walk
    Ok I might try that, thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

My OH has Nally tce tics, but I've never been in it so which part of the nally terrace is best view? Is it general admin?
    Thanks
    marzic

Advertisement