Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Referees using headcams

• 10-08-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Just turned on TG4 to see the last 5 minutes of a ladies football game and the referees using a headcam. I've seen it before used in rugby but never in the GAA including the ladies.

It appears to have just been implemented

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/ladies-take-lead-as-refcam-lined-up-to-bolster-coverage-29422287.html

I was quite impressed by it but I didn't see enough of the game to decide whether it would it have much of a future to benefit to hurling and football overall in terms of training officials/deciding big calls in a match etc.

So what do people here think of this? And before anyone says bigger issues in our games need to be addressed lets just discuss this new feature here!

Rugby game where it was used: (Couldn't find footage of ladies football game!)

Armagh playing Cork now where it is being used again!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yep, it was something that was discussed with the ladies football and TG4 about bringing it in. It is a tool to bring the viewer of the game closer to the action, rather than as a tool to decide about incidents within a game. It hopefully will be used as a tool to help referee assessors review the action with referees, but it is on trial for the first year.

It was a case of why not be cutting edge again - the association in its 40th year this year, and has always been ahead of the game with things like the sin bin and the countdown clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    I was quite impressed by it but I didn't see enough of the game to decide whether it would it have much of a future to benefit to hurling and football overall in terms of training officials/deciding big calls in a match etc.

So what do people here think of this? And before anyone says bigger issues in our games need to be addressed lets just discuss this new feature here!

Rugby game where it was used: (Couldn't find footage of ladies football game!)

I've seen it used in the english rugby union league (aviva premiership), I think it's a good idea and has merit. It'd certainly help explain situations like those that cropped up in the two hurling matches yesterday where three lads got sent off for damn all.

Advertisement