Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted Licence

Options
  • 10-08-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm enquiring to see if anybody knows of any M1A's or FN FAL/SLR clones licensed in the country?

Are there any competitions that these can be shot in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

ASFIK I know of two of the guns mentioned liscensed here.
    Watch this space for comps,cant and wont say much just yet,but its getting there.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

.30 M1 Carbines or M1 garands in 308?

Know of two FN FALS in 308

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

An m1 garand in .308 is an m14 isn't it ? I handled one made by beretta last week, very nice, i have also seen the chinese norinco clone and they have a good reputation. Some of the members of the vcrai have svt40's which are russian ww2 semi autos.

The problem is dealing with the ptb , you have to give a reason why a bolt action won't suffice and why a semi auto is needed. I don't think a genuine interest in having a ww2 or korean war period semi auto battle rifle cuts it, which is stupid if you do have a few military rifles and want something slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

M1 Garand and M14 are different rifles, they just have some points in common aesthetically.

There's a good few lads with M1 Carbines, there's a gallery rifle discipline for it. My own dealer had 5/6 of them a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Thanks for the help lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement