Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 10-08-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Just added a .410 to my arsenal, close work around barns etc. Just test fired my .410 Ely Fourlong 12.5 g No 6, and to be honest it wouldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding at 10yards, is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

rsole1 wrote: »
    Just added a .410 to my arsenal, close work around barns etc. Just test fired my .410 Ely Fourlong 12.5 g No 6, and to be honest it wouldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding at 10yards, is this normal?

I had one years ago and it was my experience of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 goshawker

def something not right!i was taught to shoot with a .410 and killed bolting rabbits and pigeons and duck with mine on a regular basis, my dad and his mate used them for pheasants and killed them out right with first shot.. are you shooting 3 inch magnums?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You are proably using the 2 inch or 2.25 in shells? Need the 2.50 or 2.75 in shells before you notice the difference.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

goshawker wrote: »
    def something not right!i was taught to shoot with a .410 and killed bolting rabbits and pigeons and duck with mine on a regular basis, my dad and his mate used them for pheasants and killed them out right with first shot.. are you shooting 3 inch magnums?

Not using magnums using 2 1/2s will try the 3" magnums. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

rsole1 wrote: »
    Not using magnums using 2 1/2s will try the 3" magnums. Thanks.

Check your gun has a chamber for 3" magnum shells before you try to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

rowa wrote: »
    Check your gun has a chamber for 3" magnum shells before you try to use them.

Yes it is a 3" , cheers.

Advertisement