Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you attract weirdos?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

After reading all these posts, I wonder what would happen if all the weirdo-magnets gathered together in one room... Imagine all the weirdos that would appear outside :pac:

Agree with the theories in this thread that it's the people who tolerate most weirdness and those with "open-looking" facial expressions that attract the most loonies. I like weirdness, but only in certain quantities: quirkiness is fine, stalking strangers and offering to clean their shoes, not so much :p

Also, honourable mention to the weirdos I forgot in my OP: the older man who told me I could "leave those heels on" (*shudder*) and the man who muttered about "animal magnetism" while leaning in too close to me. (*shudder*)
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    MMmmm weirdos
    <video>

I love that you came to a thread about attracting weirdos with your signature saying "I wanna be stalked!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I have a slight anxiety disorder and in certain social situations I tend to get really worried and nervous , I think sometimes that I might come across as a weirdo when im chatting to people, I hope im not any of the weirdos some of ye met :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

cupcake83 wrote: »
    I'm almost too embarrassed to talk about it really. I had a guy (stranger)come up to me at a social gathering and ask me out of nowhere after the usual hi how are yas ,dead serious if I liked to dominate men in the bedroom. I was like wait ,what? That's just one time. Lol

And..................?:Tell me more ! D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

it's like you're the Joe Duffy of boards here!

I have a slight anxiety disorder and in certain social situations I tend to get really worried and nervous , I think sometimes that I might come across as a weirdo when im chatting to people, I hope im not any of the weirdos some of ye met :pac:

No , you sound quite normal, that is just like the rest of us:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cupcake83

I didn't take my eyes off my drink and inched towards the exit , the end lol ;)

RossieMan wrote: »
    it's like you're the Joe Duffy of boards here!

Ah............talk to Del:D

I didn't take my eyes off my drink and inched towards the exit , the end lol ;)

The end:confused: And what happened next?;)

C'mon talk to del:)

Or should I introduce my Red Chair and Lever?

Regards Graham

Ah, no, that wasn't the type of thing I meant! Being anxious or nervous isn't at all the same as being a creepy weirdo!

(Plus, we're probably all weirdos in someone else's eyes...)

• Advertisement

The end:confused: And what happened next?;)

C'mon talk to del:)

Or should I introduce my Red Chair and Lever?

Regards Graham

Creeper ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I don't, probably because I'm a bit shy, and slow to warm up, and that can be mistaken for aloofness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'm almost too embarrassed to talk about it really. I had a guy (stranger)come up to me at a social gathering and ask me out of nowhere after the usual hi how are yas ,dead serious if I liked to dominate men in the bedroom. I was like wait ,what? That's just one time. Lol

Got there before me again :D

I'm finding it hard to think of examples of weirdos myself because to me their behaviour wouldn't really be weird or freak me out or anything.

Now I think of it, these two occurences were around Halloween, one night up in Castlebar, four Teletubbies walking down the main street, chatted to them for a while, twas a bit surreal :D

Another Halloween night was walking by a shop when I spotted a nun, "Hello Sister!" (as you do! :D), next thing she was snogging the face off me, completely took me off guard, when next thing I spotted over her shoulder a priest walking out of the shop and I thought "shìts gonna hit the fan now!", the priest just goes to her "Come on you, that's enough!"...

Took me a minute to recover before I copped "Yeahhh, they weren't really a nun and a priest yknow!" :o

I don't, probably because I'm a bit shy, and slow to warm up, and that can be mistaken for aloofness.

Mmmmmm,,,,,,, interesting, but would that make you a weirdo like most of us ;)

It is ok. Don't worry about it :)

Ah, no, that wasn't the type of thing I meant! Being anxious or nervous isn't at all the same as being a creepy weirdo!

(Plus, we're probably all weirdos in someone else's eyes...)

Thanks for reassuring me :-) I kinda meant it in a tougue in cheek way, altho sometimes I have to exit a situation abruptly It might appear a bit strange, anyways I have a handle on it now so its all good :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

would that make you a weirdo like most of us

Yeah probably.

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Got there before me again :D

I'm finding it hard to think of examples of weirdos myself because to me their behaviour wouldn't really be weird or freak me out or anything.

Now I think of it, these two occurences were around Halloween, one night up in Castlebar, four Teletubbies walking down the main street, chatted to them for a while, twas a bit surreal :D

Another Halloween night was walking by a shop when I spotted a nun, "Hello Sister!" (as you do! :D), next thing she was snogging the face off me, completely took me off guard, when next thing I spotted over her shoulder a priest walking out of the shop and I thought "shìts gonna hit the fan now!", the priest just goes to her "Come on you, that's enough!"...

Took me a minute to recover before I copped "Yeahhh, they weren't really a nun and a priest yknow!" :o

Well done ! What do you know.........:D

Yes you have been saved from the Red Chair!:D

Guess it would have been more worrying if the priest was snogging you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was shopping a couple of months ago and a man in his early sixties approached me and asked how was I doing. I replied grand. The man then asked me did I know any gay men I replied a few from college/work/school. He then asked was I gay?
    I replied No'. He then asked me out for dinner. I replied No! He then asked was I gay? Again I said No!. He then asked me did I want to go to hotel with him. At this point I shook his hand and said it was nice meeting him and walked away.

I used often get the same bus home a while back on a Wednesday afternoon. My bus journey used take about 60-70 minutes and the bus used be generally quiet so you could sit by yourself. Except this man in his late 30's used get on the bus and ask to sit beside me.I said okay. This happened on a lot of occasions and he used kind of talk to me. I was nice to him because he seemed a little lonely. One day I fell asleep and I woke up with this guy with one hand down his pants and his other hand was stroking my knee/upper leg.

I was shopping a couple of months ago and a man in his early sixties approached me and asked how was I doing. I replied grand. The man then asked me did I know any gay men I replied a few from college/work/school. He then asked was I gay?
    I replied No'. He then asked me out for dinner. I replied No! He then asked was I gay? Again I said No!. He then asked me did I want to go to hotel with him. At this point I shook his hand and said it was nice meeting him and walked away.

I used often get the same bus home a while back on a Wednesday afternoon. My bus journey used take about 60-70 minutes and the bus used be generally quiet so you could sit by yourself. Except this man in his late 30's used get on the bus and ask to sit beside me.I said okay. This happened on a lot of occasions and he used kind of talk to me. I was nice to him because he seemed a little lonely. One day I fell asleep and I woke up with this guy with one hand down his pants and his other hand was stroking my knee/upper leg.

Dont stop there what happened next, did ya go nuts

Anyone else for the red chair?:D

OOOOOOOOH .......... all ears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I manage to attract weirdos for sure.

I think that the problem is that I make eye contact too easily in public...and strange people seem to see eye contact as an invitation to come over and tell you whatever strange things are going through their heads.

My favourite was a lady who suggested after an initial hello that she could bury me in clay up to my neck for 2 days in a Masai healing ritual she'd seen on the tv. She boasted the ability to read two pages at a time and felt this was qualification enough to be offering to bury randomers.

I think that the problem is that I make eye contact too easily in public...and strange people seem to see eye contact as an invitation to come over and tell you whatever strange things are going through their heads.

My favourite was a lady who suggested after an initial hello that she could bury me in clay up to my neck for 2 days in a Masai healing ritual she'd seen on the tv. She boasted the ability to read two pages at a time and felt this was qualification enough to be offering to bury randomers.

Eh, eh , what happened next............???????:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Del you're really getting into this Joe role now :P

what a way to spend a Saturday night.

Now back to Prison Break.

goodnight folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He quickly removed his hand and zipped up his pants. It all went really quiet then I had no idea what to say because I was sitting by the window so I couldn't move without getting him to move. I got of the bus at the next stop and had to get somebody to come and collect me.
    I started getting a different bus and avoiding that bus after it happened. One week I had to get the bus again so I sat on the isle seat. The man got on the bus. So I closed my eyes and put my feet up on the other seat I felt him pass by me. I knew he went a couple of seats behind me. I thought everything was grand until a few miles down the road. The man had moved down a few seats and he climbed into the seat beside me and he said sorry and grabbed my leg again. I moved away this time quick. He was sort of an odd guy.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Del you're really getting into this Joe role now :P

what a way to spend a Saturday night.

Now back to Prison Break.

goodnight folks.

Thanks Rossieman,

Sleep tight

Best wishes,

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

i am a loonie myself but i don't go hassling people on the street, well apart from staring them out

He quickly removed his hand and zipped up his pants. It all went really quiet then I had no idea what to say because I was sitting by the window so I couldn't move without getting him to move. I got of the bus at the next stop and had to get somebody to come and collect me.
    I started getting a different bus and avoiding that bus after it happened. One week I had to get the bus again so I sat on the isle seat. The man got on the bus. So I closed my eyes and put my feet up on the other seat I felt him pass by me. I knew he went a couple of seats behind me. I thought everything was grand until a few miles down the road. The man had moved down a few seats and he climbed into the seat beside me and he said sorry and grabbed my leg again. I moved away this time quick. He was sort of an odd guy.

Jaysus listeners, ............and what happened then?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My ears are burning.:(

Eh, eh , what happened next............???????:D

I beat a hasty retreat from that cafe with my croissant half eaten is what happened.
    I was actually quite bemused by how polite and reasonable I was about the whole thing now in retrospect. I did my best not to look appalled or afraid,said that reading thing sounded great but that no thanks I didn't like the sound of being burried alive so I would pass. Might also have said something about being a bit busy for a ritual burial too.Then I left,prayed she wouldn't follow and thankfully she didn't. :)

Maybe being overly polite to crackpots might be my downfall now I think of it. :)

i am a loonie myself but i don't go hassling people on the street, well apart from staring them out

Why ever not.......?

How do you know you are a loonie then?

Tell me, tell me......................talk to Joe:D

• Advertisement

Jaysus listeners, ............and what happened then?:confused:

Lol someone is having a little too much fun with this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Who comes up and talks to you in the street only weirdos. Normal people are too cool for that. It's just all us weirdos talking to eachother and everyone else with their heads in their phones.

Why ever not.......?

Here, just in case you haven't come across this... http://clamnuts.com/joe-duffy-soundboard-2/ :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Guess it would have been more worrying if the priest was snogging you?
    Anyone else for the red chair?:D

Graham, Graham! Can I go again? Just I was reminded of this one from the above-

So I'm walking home from the club one night, slightly tipsy but managing to stay upright, more tired than actually drunk, when three lads came up behind me, one either side of me took my arms and the third had his hands on my waist, "We'll make sure you don't fall" says one of them. "That's nice" I thought, "Take me home good citizens, thataway..." I muttered.

Next thing the lads started sniggering amongst themselves and one goes "Oh we'll take you home alright", and that's when I suddenly realised their motives may not have been so good samaritan after all. I decided to let my body drop like a stone, then rolled out onto the road, straight into the path of an oncoming car! The driver stopped and I got up and looked back at the lads who were already walking on. I apologised to the driver and hopped back on the footpath, sat down on a step to gather myself...

Woke up the next morning, realised I'd fallen asleep on the step. Walked the fifty yards home, had a shower and went off to work, chalked that one down to a close call... :o

I beat a hasty retreat from that cafe with my croissant half eaten is what happened.
    I was actually quite bemused by how polite and reasonable I was about the whole thing now in retrospect. I did my best not to look appalled or afraid,said that reading thing sounded great but that no thanks I didn't like the sound of being burried alive so I would pass. Might also have said something about being a bit busy for a ritual burial too.Then I left,prayed she wouldn't follow and thankfully she didn't. :)

Maybe being overly polite to crackpots might be my downfall now I think of it. :)

It's mine too! Some people think being nice is an invitation to ANYTHING lol!

Definitely agree, being overly nice to crackpots like myself is definitely my downfall:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

Why ever not.......?

i would try and get people to join my cult but i'm awkward in social situations so stopping people on the street isn't possible

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Graham, Graham! Can I go again? Just I was reminded of this one from the above-

So I'm walking home from the club one night, slightly tipsy but managing to stay upright, more tired than actually drunk, when three lads came up behind me, one either side of me took my arms and the third had his hands on my waist, "We'll make sure you don't fall" says one of them. "That's nice" I thought, "Take me home good citizens, thataway..." I muttered.

Next thing the lads started sniggering amongst themselves and one goes "Oh we'll take you home alright", and that's when I suddenly realised their motives may not have been so good samaritan after all. I decided to let my body drop like a stone, then rolled out onto the road, straight into the path of an oncoming car! The driver stopped and I got up and looked back at the lads who were already walking on. I apologised to the driver and hopped back on the footpath, sat down on a step to gather myself...

Woke up the next morning, realised I'd fallen asleep on the step. Walked the fifty yards home, had a shower and went off to work, chalked that one down to a close call... :o

Yes of course...............................oooooooooooooh

Well that was a lovely storey. Folks this man definitely deserves to walk from the Red Chair:D

i would try and get people to join my cult but i'm awkward in social situations so stopping people on the street isn't possible

Ah Jaysus, listeners, talk to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you see Markomuscle out and about just call over to him, say Joe sent ya , and join his cult.:D

Dats all we have time for here on de Liveline:D

• Advertisement

Is Bus Áras a hub for us weirdos. I haven't been there in ages but last time I was there this pretty girl came up to me. She didn't look like a weirdo. My normal face looks a bit sad or angry naturally. I frown a lot and well I just don't look like I'm having a great time.
    Anyway I was standing outside, she came from inside and just said to me "sometimes happyness can be found in the strangest places", then she walked back inside again. I stood there puzzled for the next few minutes.

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Is Bus Áras a hub for us weirdos. I haven't been there in ages but last time I was there this pretty girl came up to me. She didn't look like a weirdo. My normal face looks a bit sad or angry naturally. I frown a lot and well I just don't look like I'm having a great time.
    Anyway I was standing outside, she came from inside and just said to me "sometimes happyness can be found in the strangest places", then she walked back inside again. I stood there puzzled for the next few minutes.

And what happened next.........................we are all waiting:D hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You should have said something back... that sounds like a genius chat up line.

Was she Luna Lovegood?!

And what happened next.........................we are all waiting:D
    You should have said something back... that sounds like a genius chat up line.

I never saw her ever again.

Was she Luna Lovegood?!

I had to google who that is. How weird am I?

• Advertisement

Was she Luna Lovegood?!

I need to go to Bus Aras, now!:D

I had to google who that is. How weird am I?

Haha I'm the one making Harry Potter references :P Just you posted sounded reeeeeally like some of the lines she had in the films, I can only read it in her voice :pac:

I never saw her ever again.

Ahhhhhh.............! Terrible or wha?:D

To cheer you up we will invite you to Funny Friday in de Liveline:D

Haha I'm the one making Harry Potter references :P Just you posted sounded reeeeeally like some of the lines she had in the films, I can only read it in her voice :pac:

I'm still looking for that strangest place by the way. Wonder where it is.

Ahhhhhh.............! Terrible or wha?:D

To cheer you up we will invite you to Funny Friday in de Liveline:D

Can I sing a song?

• Advertisement
Advertisement