Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you attract weirdos?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

I couldn't go to the bank,
    because all my shares had sank,
    lots of bottles of beer I drank,
    for this shame who could I thank,
    the stinky government stank,
    seannie f is now a yank,
    my bank balance now is blank,
    the whole situation is rank.

Joe/del would be falling around the place with my witty tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

... I'm not sure I even understand where this thread has gone :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

... I'm not sure I even understand where this thread has gone :pac:

Great film on Sony Movies right now, somewhat related to this thread - "The Doors"

"People are strange, when you're a stranger...", take it away Jim-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The scene: my second visit to Toronto, and I'm standing on the platform at Dundas waiting for a subway train. This extremely tall black guy, like a 7-foot Forrest Whitaker with glasses, gets up, walks towards me and stops a few feet away. He looks at me, starts crying like he'd just seen his dead father or something, turns round, goes back to the bench and sits down, still crying his eyes out. No-one else on the platform bats an eyelid. :(

Toronto's a great place, but I did see several genuinely deranged people out on the street in the 10 days or so I was there. I don't mean addicts etc., I mean people who should not be walking around, for their own sakes. And they all seemed to notice me ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I'm not only a weirdo/crazy magnet, I sometimes bring them home with me. Well, I used to, I try not to these days.

I made acquaintance with a crazy New York woman, many years ago now, and she told me lots of stories about her crazy and interesting life, she told me about her alcoholism - she hadn't been drinking for a number of years at that time - and she read Tarot/Totem Pole cards for a living. Her speech was always liberally peppered with the mention of "....in a New Yoik minute..."

Years passed from when I first got to know her, and I hadn't seen her for a long time, when I bumped into her in Rathmines, one day. She was drunk, she was bloodied, her head had a big bump - she was a mess.

She had been locked out of her flat, by the landlord, because she hadn't paid the rent, because she'd started drinking again, and her drinking companions were street drinkers, so when she fell and bashed up her face, nobody help her.

I felt I had to bring her home, so I did. Made up a bed for her beside the heater, left her to sleep, while I went out for the night. She was a dead weight of sleep before long, as she'd been on the streets for a while, and was exhausted from that and the booze.

Next day, after some breakfast, shower and a long chat, my friend (who lived in a flat above) rang hostels and we got the money together to get her in for a few days, I put together a bag of stuff for her to take - some clothes, soap etc - and brought her to the bus. I had to bring her on to the bus, get her onto a seat, ask the driver to let her know her stop, all with her pleading with me to let her stay with me. It was heart-wrenching for me - she was like a small child begging not to be sent off alone. I felt like the meanest person in the world in that moment.

I dropped in to the hostel two days later, to she how she was doing, but she'd left that morning. I never saw her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was shopping a couple of months ago and a man in his early sixties approached me and asked how was I doing. I replied grand. The man then asked me did I know any gay men I replied a few from college/work/school. He then asked was I gay?
    I replied No'. He then asked me out for dinner. I replied No! He then asked was I gay? Again I said No!. He then asked me did I want to go to hotel with him. At this point I shook his hand and said it was nice meeting him and walked away.

I used often get the same bus home a while back on a Wednesday afternoon. My bus journey used take about 60-70 minutes and the bus used be generally quiet so you could sit by yourself. Except this man in his late 30's used get on the bus and ask to sit beside me.I said okay. This happened on a lot of occasions and he used kind of talk to me. I was nice to him because he seemed a little lonely. One day I fell asleep and I woke up with this guy with one hand down his pants and his other hand was stroking my knee/upper leg.

You must be Spanish fly for the weirdo gays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I did have this one occasion where I was parked outside Tesco waiting for my friend. There I was in a world of my own when this man knocked at the window. I rolled it down and he handed me a box of Ferraro Roche because 'I looked friendly' and off he toddled again. My friend thought I made the whole thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Rasheed wrote: »
    I did have this one occasion where I was parked outside Tesco waiting for my friend. There I was in a world of my own when this man knocked at the window. I rolled it down and he handed me a box of Ferraro Roche because 'I looked friendly' and off he toddled again. My friend thought I made the whole thing up.

I don't even care if you made the whole thing up - I still like it :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Yellow121 wrote: »
    I couldn't go to the bank,
    because all my shares had sank,
    lots of bottles of beer I drank,
    for this shame who could I thank,
    the stinky government stank,
    seannie f is now a yank,
    my bank balance now is blank,
    the whole situation is rank.

Joe/del would be falling around the place with my witty tune.

Ah Jaysus listeners, the best song ever on da Liveline...............

We have a special Liveline prize......................eh.........

A weekend for two in Knocknagoshel.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You must be Spanish fly for the weirdo gays

I'm Irish. I've no idea why they love me!!

• Advertisement

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I don't even care if you made the whole thing up - I still like it :D.

She sat there in the car telling me I made the whole thing up while while shovelling my sweets in to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

She sat there in the car telling me I made the whole thing up while while shovelling my sweets in to her!

Eh.....and what happened next..........?
    Did you go to the Ambassadors Residence ? :D
    C'mon the listeners need to know ...........

In all seriousness I believe you. It is just the kind of weird thing I would do, ie hand a bunch of flowers or a box to a pretty lady whom I have never met before.

In my eyes this guy who gave you the Ferrero Rocher seems quite normal to me, but then I am weird:D

Eh.....and what happened next..........?
    Did you go to the Ambassadors Residence ? :D
    C'mon the listeners need to know ...........

In all seriousness I believe you. It is just the kind of weird thing I would do, ie hand a bunch of flowers or a box to a pretty lady whom I have never met before.

In my eyes this guy who gave you the Ferrero Rocher seems quite normal to me, but then I am weird:D

After we ate all the sweets, we went to a match. I was delighted telling my little story while she stood behind me making the gesture implying I'm mental. I think she was just jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I too, attract normal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I too, attract normal people.

Can I braid your hair?

After we ate all the sweets, we went to a match. I was delighted telling my little story while she stood behind me making the gesture implying I'm mental. I think she was just jealous.

Course she was jealous, ferrero rocher are awesome

Advertisement