Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some help/advice about travelling around Ireland.

• 10-08-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭

So, I feel I'm stuck here in Dublin right now.
    My brother is in Galway, my best friend is in Portugal and my girlfriend is in America for the Summer. This really sucks.

But I've been thinking, instead of letting time pass away for another summer, I've been considering doing some kinda road trip thing through Ireland for about 2 weeks some time this month or next, but I'm having trouble finding reasonable travel costs.

Is there any bus service or something that offers a multi travel board on/board off thing? All I can seem to find are standard return tickets or 10 journeys only between 2 towns.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated,

Thank you so much

:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

Irish rail have tourist tickets available. Check out the Trekker Four Day & Explorer tickets on the link below. I've never bought one before but did consider it. Seem a little pricey to me.

Hope this helps.

http://www.irishrail.ie/faresandtickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Would you consider going on a Paddywagon type tour? Your trip schedule will be fixed but it'll sort out your transport problem and you'll have company on the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ah wow, sounds like a productive way to spend your time :)

Are their any places in particular you would like to visit; as opposed to randomly ending in places for the sake of it.

We have one lovely little island here that truly is worth exploring :)

/on a side-note: You could be in worse off places to be 'stuck' in than Dublin ;)

Advertisement