Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparation for GAMSAT.

Options
  • 10-08-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone!

I'm an undergraduate of philosophy who is planning to take GAMSAT at 2015, as I'm not satisfied with this field, I had been thinking about Medicine over a year, although I had doubts if I can make it, or not. Although after last few months with many happenings, I've decided I want to take the exam and study it for sure.

Although, my problem (and fear) still exists...

I am not studying at a science related major, so it had been quite a while since I have had physics, biology and chemistry. So I had been thinking; is it best to take some "College Chemistry" or equivalent books, and start studying all by myself with going into details, as I have two years, it will be a matter of patience and hardwork, but I have no which way would be useful, so how do you think is best to study for the third part? How can I learn in depth, so I can trust myself and overcome the fear?

If anyone from science related majors can help me with advising textbooks which they have studied during the first year or their course (mainly on biology and chemistry), I would be very happy. Or, the people who are already studying medicine can tell me how did they overcome this issue, I would be grateful, as well.

And, another question is, which topics subjects are covered, is it possible to find a detailed list? And, how about the mathematics, should I learn all the details of Calculus, or even the Differential equations as extra; as you can see I am completely blind on this part too, unfortunately...

If someone reads this and be kind of offering help, thank you in advance, very very much! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 O.Caoimhin

Oh, as extra. I borrowed a supplementary textbook called "Schaum's Outline, Biology" from university library, as my friend said she used it very much, and recommended the series of "Schaum's", does anyone think it would be helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hazelbarrett

Hey I´m in the same boat, except worse off than you.
    I also have a BA but no science background, and none at leaving certificate either. I was hoping to start some sort of science beginners course next year but I can`t find anything.
    Have you had any luck? I want to sit the exam in 2015 again :)

Advertisement