Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 10-08-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm doing a bit of research for a friend of mine who is moving to Belfast very soon. And I was wondering if anyone had any advice as regards mobile broadband providers? She'll need the connection to be able to stream the odd bit of tele and handle skype calls. And she'll be living in South Belfast. I'd be very grateful for anything anyone could tell me about their experience with the various providers. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It's a few years since I used a mobile dongle, but at the time I found that Vodafone had pretty much the best coverage for most of the city, barring parts of South Belfast - the blokes in vodafone actually recommended we go with 3 for the best coverage where were were living... That said 3's customer service was terrible!...

Using my Vodafone mobile, I get decent mobile internet pretty much anywhere about town...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carolyn3

Thanks for this. I have personal experience of 3's customer service and I'm still scarred ;) The situation in Dublin is basically the airline model and you can have either customer service (Vodafone, O2) or you can have a good deal (Three and Meteor) you can't have both at the same time. That's really interesting what you say about Vodafone though, I suppose that means my friend will need to know more or less exactly where's she's going to live before she can decide on a provider. Have you heard anything about EE - I gather they're pretty new to the market? Their website promises the moon and the stars (though their largest bundle is only 8GB dl which is a little low for the largest to be offering) and I'd be very interested to know if they are anything like living up to it.

Advertisement