Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking care of sick kitten

• 10-08-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I adopted a 9 week old kitten yesterday. The fosterer works in a vets so he has been checked, wormed (one week ago), de-flead and has his first round of vaccinations.

He got on fine last night, ate well and slept well. Today he had two feeds of Royal Canin Kitten (the same food used in the foster home) but since then he has had diarrhea, vomiting, won't eat or drink and has no interest in playing. I'm wondering is it stress related, I did two 5 minute introductions to my dog today which he didn't seem impressed by and it seems to be since then that he went downhill. I will be taking him to the vet in the morning but how can I keep him hydrated until then?

Any help appreciated

Advertisement