Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Installation

• 10-08-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know can you get a secondary socket installed on the day of installation without prebooking it.My main phone socket is in the living room at the rear of the house but my main computer (desktop) is in the box room at the front.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

What is being installed? When I ordered the Vodafone broadband they sent me the router in the box and I plugged it in myself and did the set-up. I assume that you are getting the WiFi router. You could just buy a USB WiFi adaptor(~€35) for your PC and then you don't need a secondary socket. Depending on how the phone line gets to your house, it may not be straightforward.

I bought this one at PC World in Sligo:

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/NETGEAR-WNA3100M100ENS-N300-Wireless-USB-Mini-Adapter/315257/148.3

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

Hi its a fibre installation with the new faceplate.I currently have my old vodafone modem connected by ethernet to the desktop and everything else is connected wirelessly.one of the problems with the living room is the phone socket is on one side of the room and the power points are on the other.So I am hoping to have the socket upstairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

Oh right. Sorry, I can't say in the case of fibre installation. I don't have any experience with that one so don't know what the difference is.

Advertisement