Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional work in Australia-start applying from Ireland??

Options
  • 10-08-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi.
    I am going to Darwin in January 2014 on a 1 year work holiday visa.
    Has anybody on here started applying for regional work before they left or would this be a waste of time?
    cheers,Jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

ozjim wrote: »
    hi.
    I am going to Darwin in January 2014 on a 1 year work holiday visa.
    Has anybody on here started applying for regional work before they left or would this be a waste of time?
    cheers,Jim.

The chances of getting a solid offer are incredibly slim but I wouldn't say it is waste of time. Worst case scenario you'll get no offers but at least you'll have made some contacts so that when you arrive you are not cold calling people but following up on previous contact...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

No point in trying to sort something from over here unless you have a solid contact, from my experience of trying to get something sorted( heading next month) you need to be in the right place as jobs come and go and it's whoever is in the area at the time gets work, luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ozjim

thanks lads.

Advertisement