Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing & Importing From Germany

Options
  • 10-08-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I am interested in importing a camper van from Germany to Ireland. Does anybody know of an individual or company that helps to source and import camper vans?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 John Germany

Hi Im living in Düsseldorf and have soursed a few campers for freinds in Ireland.

What exactly are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

my dad has done this once or twice, he saved a lot compared to what you would pay here, cheap flight over to germany, purchase camper and then ferry back, either through Uk - landbridge or via France. What kind of one are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Try in Motorhomes and Campervans, plenty of tips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Isn't the biggest problem obtaining a temporary number plate - the original is retained by the seller.
    The seller may be trusting enough to allow the buyer to "borrow" it for the journey to IRL - but if not...?.

How did buyers overcome this hurdle?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From main Motors forum to Campervans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mhen66

I have bought a few campers in Germany over the years but I reckon there is better value here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mhen66

Look at www.mobile.de but beware of VRT!!

Advertisement