Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's on your beauty wishlist?

• 10-08-2013 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start a little thread to see what products people have their eye on, be it on the birthday present list or the payday list! Because no matter how many lotions and potions we have, there's always something else we're lusting after :P

Top of my list is the Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Eye Palette, due out in September, previewed here http://beaut.ie/2013/sneak-peek-bobbi-brown-rich-chocolate-eye-palette/

It's apparently 50e, so not something I'd just be picking up. But my birthday is in October ;)

I'm also going to keep an eye out for the Real Techniques expert brush, and the Smashbox Photo Ready primer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

The expert face brush is amazing :)

After just ticking off the number one item on my wishlist (Illamasqua's Hollow), the next items are a contour brush, a blush/powder brush (my LE MAC one is a bit prickly unless freshly washed), and a dupe for MAC Pretty Baby face powder :( It was limited edition for the Hello Kitty collection, and is possibly the most perfect blush for my pale skin.

I also wouldn't mind picking up Guerlain Meteorites in any form, Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, a few MAC lipsticks (specifically Rebel, Lady Danger, Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Creme Cup) and some more Inglot eyeshadows to complete my Freedom Palette :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I really wanted a Harry Josh hairdryer from hairenvy, there was a great deal on it last week and I was considering getting it because I had birthday money to spend but I discovered they wouldn't ship it here, probably just aswell because I didn't really need it anyway!!

I am big into skincare rather than make up so I would love to try this but it's not something I would buy at that price unless I could sample it first.

http://www.feelunique.com/p/Kinara-Red-Carpet-Facial-Kit?gclid=CLjuntSD9LgCFfFF2wodX1UAwQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Top of my list is the Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Eye Palette, due out in September, previewed here http://beaut.ie/2013/sneak-peek-bobbi-brown-rich-chocolate-eye-palette/

It's apparently 50e, so not something I'd just be picking up. But my birthday is in October ;)

Oh, I am in total agreement with that one, it looks gorgeous! My birthday is in a couple of weeks but I don't think I'll be able to talk anyone into buying it for me next month. :P

Also on my wishlist are a couple of MAC lipsticks, especially Hue & Brave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I really want to pick up some Ben Nye luxury powder to mess around with highlighting and contouring. Apparently it's what Kim Kardashian uses. I picked up some of the Ben Nye cream highlight/contour wheels to try find my colours before investing in a big tub of the powder. They go on really nice, but it's not a look i would go for regularly as it's a bit heavy, great for photos tho. I'm hoping the powders will be a bit lighter.

I'm trying to justify picking up the Urban Decay Naked pallet. I already have the Naked 2 pallet but I've used my sisters Naked pallet a few times and I think I prefer the colours in it. Some of the pinky tones like sin and toasted are beautiful. I probably won't pick it up till I hit pan on at least one of my Naked 2 colours tho unless I see it going super cheap. If I come home with it now my bf will definitely think I have an addiction >_<

I'm also currently lusting after a set of Zoeva make up brushes. I really can't justify buying them tho because I already have about 50 fairly high quality brushes and I'm not really finding my collection lacking anything in particular. I'll probably drop hints for Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

ShazGV wrote: »
    Oh, I am in total agreement with that one, it looks gorgeous! My birthday is in a couple of weeks but I don't think I'll be able to talk anyone into buying it for me next month. :P

Might be worth saving a fiver a week. In fact it would definitely be worth saving a fiver a week.
    I'm trying to justify picking up the Urban Decay Naked pallet. I already have the Naked 2 pallet but I've used my sisters Naked pallet a few times and I think I prefer the colours in it. Some of the pinky tones like sin and toasted are beautiful. I probably won't pick it up till I hit pan on at least one of my Naked 2 colours tho unless I see it going super cheap. If I come home with it now my bf will definitely think I have an addiction >_<

Naked is just the shizz though, definitely worth the investment. It's brilliant for soft smoky eyes, especially Sidecar, Toasted and Hustle together. Just tell him you need it for the pretty ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'd love to get some fancy schmancy skin care! Or a Clarisonic. First I need to go through all the stuff I have now, have a few near-the-end moisturisers/toners that must be gotten rid of!

Make up wise, a new bottle of TSL Touche Eclat :D As above, I have three foundations that are near the end so I'm trying to use those up now, Bobbi Brown and two MACs. Think I'll get the YSL as a birthday treat in October.

And, what I've thinking about for quite a while now, I'm thinking of going into MAC for a lesson or two. As much as I love make up, I'm not great at actually doing it, so I'd love to put what I have to good use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I have to restrain myself from shopping until my birthday! I've bought too much lately.
    On my wishlist is lanacane anti chafing gel (as a primer)
    A real techniques stippling brush
    Clinique clarifying lotion 2 (the best for getting rid of and keeping away unwanted spots, had the bottle for 3 years and still have a good lot left. Amazing stuff :) )
    P.s. My birthday is in October too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

There's so many things I want, and after seeing your post Ilyana, I want that palette too.

I really wanted the Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude palette/, so my bf bought it from House of Fraser on their 10% flash sale a few weeks ago as part of my Christmas present. It is absolutely killing me not being able to use it.

I'm gonna try save a few euro a week and get that BB chocolate palette. I absolutely love BB stuff.

I have this palette and use it daily. Absolutely love it, the shadows are such good quality too and the brush is really good. I love the fluffy side, its like the MAC 275 angled brush, only smaller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I keep my wishlist typed up in my phone so I always have it to hand :D

Currently:

ELF Eyebrow Kit
    MAC Omega eyeshadow
    MAC Ruby Woo lipstick (though I did find a supposed Revlon dupe, haven't tried it on yet to see if it's nice!)
    Naked 2 palette (I have Naked and Naked Basics, I DO NOT need a third palette, but I have myself convinced I need the colours in it)
    NARS Orgasm Lipstick
    No7 Pore Vacuum Mask
    Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
    MAC 217 Brush (or a dupe)
    Kiehl's Midnight Recovery serum
    A new set of Tweezerman tweezers
    Lee Stafford 'Messed Up' spray

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

A Clarisonic would be on top of my list too. I think I might give in and get it when I go to New York in October.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ooh if anyone of my pals were heading to the US soon I'd think about getting them to pick me up a Clarisonic!

Advertisement