Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you pity the most?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've never met an Irish person who judges people's looks on a scale of 1-10. That's an American thing that I've only seen on TV. You're not American or in America.

Born there :) Anyway thats globalization.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EdenHazard wrote: »
    A rating is always done to give the benefit of doubt to the person you are talking about I'd never be like 'she's disgusting, 3/10' it seems to always waiver between 6/7 with the premise that the hottest girl you can think of is a 9.

What's wrong with saying "she's cute"? instead of a rating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Festy wrote: »
    Who needs money when you have a tan :P

Tramps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

krudler wrote: »
    It's great when you are attracted to someone from the off, whether they're your "type" or whatever or you just generally find them pretty, but I've been in the situation where someone may not have been a person I would have went for straight away but that grew from getting to know them, attraction can grow out of knowing the person as well as a purely physical thing. When you get both it's great though.

I'd agree with all that. I've had both before once, it's unreal. Hope I can get it again! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Don't think i've ever said the word 'bird' in my life. I'm not a D4 head.
    Those comments are without context, I probably do make comments about other peoples looks when they are twats. I'd never insult someone, actually I'm all about the personality, but yeah you have to have some attraction to them(side note)

In fairness, you are not putting yourself in a good light at all.

That's no excuse.
    I was born in Wales and ..... oh yeah.

Ok, but I take it you grew up here. You don't flood the place this Americanisms just because you were born there. It's completely out of place with our culture here, because let's face it, Americans say an awful lot of shíte. Douchbag and amazeballs is just two examples of what not to say here unless you want to sound like an idiot.

What's wrong with saying "she's cute"? instead of a rating?

Nothing. I'd use both. Obviously 'cute' or pretty sounds better but it is not uncommon for people to say 'what would you say outta 10' but I guess boardies are in a different social circle to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've never met an Irish person who judges people's looks on a scale of 1-10. That's an American thing that I've only seen on TV. You're not American or in America.

You see it on Boards. Originated from frat culture in America and why anyone would want to emulate that is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Oh I can't wait until I'm an oul fella and I just wear a fedora everywhere, nobody cares what you look like then. I'd love if mens fashion went back to like the stuff in Mad Men, when men dressed like men and not Bieber-esque ladyboys.
    I love that style too! It would be great to go back to the days of silk stockings, suspenders, pretty dresses, hats and that glamourous hair and make-up. I love hats on men too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Festy wrote: »
    Atheists
    Nah don't pity me at all.

Eden, you'll be grand once you stop being so self obsessed and going on in a blokey way which you feel you "should" go on with. If you think a woman is "in bits", grand - no need to be going on about it though.

Nothing. I'd use both. Obviously 'cute' or pretty sounds better but it is not uncommon for people to say 'what would you say outta 10' but I guess boardies are in a different social circle to me.
    How would you rate yourself out of 10?

Nah don't pity me at all.

Eden, you'll be grand once you stop being so self obsessed and going on in a blokey way which you feel you "should" go on with. If you think a woman is "in bits", grand - no need to be going on about it though.

Whaaaa, im like the opposite of bloke humor, that's my problem. I don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love that style too! It would be great to go back to the days of silk stockings, suspenders, pretty dresses, hats and that glamourous hair and make-up. I love hats on men too.

I love pencil skirts on girls, take that over ass cheek showing miniskirts and tottering around on heels any day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

I pity single people who are in their mid-30s and devote most of their days to internet fora. Seems like a very sad life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Whaaaa, im like the opposite of bloke humor, that's my problem. I don't get it.

Your posts come across badly tho, no?

I would guess a 6 if its Vanessa Hudgens whose judging. As I always say when 'rating' a girl its not like any of us are Zac Efron.......

I've seen his pic he put up on 'know your nerds' on 'cool pics and vids' and without sounding hermersexusl, I would give Eden a 4/10.

I love pencil skirts on girls, take that over ass cheek showing miniskirts and tottering around on heels any day of the week.

What about a woman in a moo moo?

• Advertisement

You see it on Boards. Originated from frat culture in America and why anyone would want to emulate that is beyond me.

IRL though none of my mates should say shít like that. It sounds stupid and obnoxious

When I met my fella the first time, he used to wear braces, shirts and trousers. He looked cool as fook. Cheddered meself, I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

It's still applying a number to a person like they're show ponies. I can't get my head round the idea. You can't see offensive that might be to a girl?
    I've always presumed girls do this as well...?

I agree with EdenHazard on this (worryingly). Any time I've heard anyone numbered, and I admit I've done it myself, it's been do decide whether that person is just average-hot or really really hot or off the scale.

Rating people at the bottom of the scale would be just nasty and boring. If someone's being rated it tends to mean they're attractive in the first place in my experience.

I've always presumed girls do this as well...?

I agree with EdenHazard on this (worryingly). Any time I've heard anyone numbered, and I admit I've done it myself, it's been do decide whether that person is just average-hot or really really hot or off the scale.

Rating people at the bottom of the scale would be just nasty and boring. If someone's being rated it tends to mean they're attractive in the first place in my experience.

Men, women....whatever. Me no likey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well played EdenHazard. You've made this thread about you now.

I've seen his pic he put up on 'know your nerds' on 'cool pics and vids' and without sounding hermersexusl, I would give Eden a 4/10.

Side note.

I did not actively go looking for young men's photographs on the Internet. I remembered the name when I saw it a few weeks ago.

I reiterate, I do not live in Bangkok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh, that's gonna hurt.

BTW, the 'unreal clothes' part made me spit coffee out. Fo' real homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

People who don't understand when to use "who" and when to use "whom".
    They are the ones whom I pity the most.

Side note.

I did not actively go looking for young men's photographs on the Internet. I remembered the name when I saw it a few weeks ago.

I reiterate, I do not live in Bangkok.
    Sure ........................ :D

I've seen his pic too, on another forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I pity everyone, they haven't a clue...Ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha cough ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Yeah, its a very very very common thing to do. No malice to it, its just a common thing people do. TBH when you think about it a 'she is very good looking' would suffice but just seems to be a habit among young people to throw a number in.

I'm 21 and none of my friends would use that (both guys and girls) because they're not díckheads. I think you should have a look at your social circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Barstoolers. Truly the most embarrassing of species.

Advertisement