Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet friendly holiday homes

• 11-08-2013 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi we have a bichon friese 2 years old and well house trained and behaved and were wondering if anyone knows of holiday homes particularly in courtown who would accept dogs. also what is the cost of renting one of these homes for a week each august as thats where we go on holidays each year but we want to start bringing our dog with us instead of boarding her. thanks in advance of any info..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Some of the websites allow you to search for homes that allow pets. I just had a quick google for "pet friendly holiday homes courtown" and got a fair few links so that might be the best place to start.

I'd imagine the cost will differ house by house, and sometimes the owner might charge a bit more if you're bringing a pet. It's also advisable to let them know you're bringing a pet, even if they say "pet friendly" on the site, just in case.

If you're looking for a really cheap hol with your dog, I'd highly recommend camping. Great fun! Either way, bringing them with you adds a lot to a holiday I find. I love to bring my dog with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

I have stayed with my two collies in a few places that are listed on AirBNB. Definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belinda45

thanks for the answers peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belinda45

thanks a million whispered but im afraid too long in the tooth for camping - my back would never allow that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Belinda45 wrote: »
    thanks a million whispered but im afraid too long in the tooth for camping - my back would never allow that.

haha I'm a blow up bed and a hot water bottle type of camper.

Best of luck finding somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

On the TV3 am morning show Wed last week (I think it was Wed), they had the vet on who mentioned a website for pet friendly accommodation...did anyone see it and remember the website. I've tried googling pet friendly accommodation but the one he gave isn't coming up. Last resort is to have a look at the show on the TV3 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Not sure if this is the site mentioned, but it came up in a quick google search.

http://www.staydoggy.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I just had a look at 3player and it was www.dogfriendlyplaces.ie

You need to sign up to view the listings. I then typed in Kerry and it come up with one listing. Another website I had tried had 5 or 6 listed for Kerry. The website seems more UK orientated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I always search on http://www.imagineireland.com/. I have booked with them a few times and no problems at all. Easy to navigate and choose areas and localities with the pet friendly option.

Advertisement