Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shampoo and conditioners for chaps.

• 11-08-2013 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭

hi all:)

Just looking for recomendations on what shampoo and conditioner you all use?

I am so fed up of head and shoulders and wash and go to name a few.

hair is normal enough btw, curly and longish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Mane and tale is quality for the price imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I use Johnson's baby shampoo,I find it very good so I do. Also it's meant to be great if your hair is going light.

As for conditioner you can't go wrong with Aussie it leaves your hair looking great and so soft.Best conditioner ever !!

Hope that is some help to you OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Festy wrote: »
    I use Johnson's baby shampoo,I find it very good so I do. Also it's meant to be great if your hair is going light.

As for conditioner you can't go wrong with Aussie it leaves your hair looking great and so soft.Best conditioner ever !!

Hope that is some help to you OP. :)

I have to jump in there. If you're concerned about your health, I wouldn't touch Aussie. I believed it was a natural shampoo from the labelling (I have eczema on part of my scalp and have to be careful). Did a bit of research and it's one of the most toxic shampoos on the market and jam packed full of potentially cancer causing parabens. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to jump in there. If you're concerned about your health, I wouldn't touch Aussie. I believed it was a natural shampoo from the labelling (I have eczema on part of my scalp and have to be careful). Did a bit of research and it's one of the most toxic shampoos on the market and jam packed full of potentially cancer causing parabens. :eek:

Yeah Aussie is horrific.

Tresemme do a great range, and they're pretty cheap. I use quite a lot of heavy products and tresemme deep cleansing shampoo is the only thing that will get it all out, and my hair is in great condition these days.

Ok, I'm not a guy, but hair is hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I really like this one from Boots:
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Ingredients-Coconut-and-Almond-Shampoo-300ml_863447/

It smells lovely, and it's also very cheap :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apple scented mild Head-and-Shoulders 2-in-1
    I only get it on special though- I don't understand how the wimmin manage to spend up to a tenner on shampoo- aside from anything else, I don't have the money.........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Festy wrote: »

So I'm not the only one! My girlfriend and a few other boardsie's find it hilarious that I use that stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cheers guys, have used Aussie before and it is lovely but yep reading up on it I can't go back to it,to dangerous:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

So I'm not the only one! My girlfriend and a few other boardsie's find it hilarious that I use that stuff.

Take no notice of them,you'll have the last laugh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I use american crew- you can get it in boots I think, OK smell and the conditioner is pretty good as well. When all else fails and I forget to new ones, it's whatever the wife has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Head and Shoulders all the way!

Gets rid of all the diff gels I have used.

Anyone tried that Caffeine one in the Black bottle made with German Engineering :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ulinbac wrote: »
    Anyone tried that Caffeine one in the Black bottle made with German Engineering :P

I was wondering about it- what on earth would entice people to wash their hair with caffeine? I don't care whether its German engineering, or Never-never-Land magic dust- it just sounded like a complete gimmick to me. Has anyone actually used it- and do you have anything to report on it?

Advertisement