Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrote some music. I'd love to get some people to play it. Any idea how?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've been randomly making music for years. I have this fairly old piece.

I made this version with analog synths. (also dont bother listening to anything else on that soundcloud, its a totally random collection of stuff)

I'd always wanted to hear it played on.

Double bass (with bow)
    Cello
    violin
    Vibraphone (or similar)
    small marimba / xylophone or similar

or something like that

Just listened to it again after few years and decided I like it.
    Are there any classical musicians who are looking for something to play? I would imagine they would have too many ideas of their own to waste time playing something like this, but I'm just wondering.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Try looking in the Musicians Available or Wanted forum. If you don't see any recent threads for the instrumentalists you're looking for, you can post your own new thread.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pop in to a college of music? Get a bunch of students to have a read through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Have you got it written out on sheet music? You'll find it tricky to get people to learn it by ear, but if you have it written down I think the suggestion above about a college is a good one. You might find it tricky to track down the tuned percussion though...where are you based?

Advertisement