Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rights as business owner and stealing?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just wondering what my rights are as a business owner in relation to a customer i think was stealing. Basically the person was spotted by me walking away from shop with one of our products. I didnt see the person take it and i have no labelling on product to say it was ours. Am i ok to bar this person from my shop? On a side not, where does one go to find out all of this info?

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

As a business owner you have a right to refuse admission to anyone you wish as long as it is not on racial grounds.

No reason has to be given, if they insist on a reason, ask them to put their request in writing to your solicitor (they won't)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

When we opened we had a person come in and take some stuff the police came and said if she comes back just to ask her to leave and if she asks why then not to give a reason just say that you have the right to refuse admission etc and if they kick up a fuss to give them a ring again.

Advertisement