Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first shoes

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi all, any recommendations on where to go for first shoes,based north dublin tks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

traineeacc wrote: »
    Hi all, any recommendations on where to go for first shoes,based north dublin tks

Clarks are your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Personally I wouldn't recommend Clarks. We've been going there for our son since he was 1 and 3 times he was measured incorrectly. At €45 per pair of shoes that's a costly mistake. On top of that they never seem to have shoes in his size when he's measured so we have to order them in or go somewhere else. Usually when we bring him to be measured its because we need the shoes there and then.

From now on we're going to go to a shop which stocks different brands such as Cripps in Terenure or Graham's on Exchequer St.

A quick google search shows Feet & Co in Drumcondra but I'm sure there are a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Thanks HS,going to take your advice and try one of those which stock a number of brands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Just on the shoe topic, is it a good idea to get some kind of pre-walker shoe for babies. My lady has just started crawling and is struggling for grip on our tiles and wooden floors. I've seen little suede booty things on some babies but haven't seen them in the shops.
    Are they good or where can I get them? Also how do I know what size to buy if they're from an online shop?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I found once they started crawling that the pre-walkers didn't last long as the toes were constantly being dragging along the ground as they were crawling so they would become ripped & torn.
    Best thing then were just socks with rubber grip soles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I got "start rite" pre walkers for my little one, they have helped her with her grip/walking along the sofa in leaps and bounds. The toes on them are reinforced with a soft rubber, so they are fine, and machine washable. They cost 22 euro in paul byrons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we go to clarkes but go to 2 stores to be happy that the first was right...shouldnt need to but....
    then we buy from shoesforkids.co.uk and save some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

emer_b wrote: »
    Just on the shoe topic, is it a good idea to get some kind of pre-walker shoe for babies. My lady has just started crawling and is struggling for grip on our tiles and wooden floors. I've seen little suede booty things on some babies but haven't seen them in the shops.
    Are they good or where can I get them? Also how do I know what size to buy if they're from an online shop?
    Thanks

My son is cruising all over the place atm and I usually leave him barefoot but he'll need something once the weather gets colder so I've decided on baby moccasins. They are like a thick sock with a leather/leatherette (depending on price) sole that comes around the foot and acts as a grip to both the floor and the foot. You measure the sole of the foot from big toe to heel and then choose 12cm, 14cm, etc. You can pay anywhere from €3.50-€30 for them. I'm thinking I'll get a few cheap ones as they are only in use for a short time.

Advertisement