Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgages - where to apply?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

We are looking to get a mortgage to buy our first home. My husband is in full time education for the next year completing his masters degree so I would be looking to make a single application.

I have a secure job and a fairly good salary and have a good chunk of a deposit saved.

The only loan we have is a dfs interst free loan for our couch.

I personally feel that we are in a good position to buy, but does anyone have any suggestions on which lending institutions will think so too?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I think as a married couple you will have to make a joint application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Since you are married you have to apply in joint names. The following might me of some assistance to you.
    1. Be in secure permanent employment for at least 1 year.
    2. Show repayment capacity by proving regular savings and rent. Rent must be paid by standing order or bank transfer.
    3. Have a good credit history.
    4. Have 10% to 12% of the purchase price saved.
    5. Max. loan up to 92% of the purchase price.
    Hope this helps
    Trish 56

Advertisement