Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to UCDVH tomorrow

• 11-08-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

Have kept this under the radar but Boo is very sick. She's in heart failure and will be seen at UCD tomorrow. I'll be driving up from Limerick. I'm just looking for any tips.

How close can you park to the building, because Boo can't walk far? Is the waiting room generally crowded, as that'll stress her out big time and I'd wait with her in the car instead? Do the appointments usually run on time, or could there be a long wait to be seen?

Also if you have had positive experiences with the staff there (vets, nurses) I would really love to hear about them. It'd make me feel a lot better about making this big trip for my soul dog who I think is not going to make it. :(

Has anyone been in the ICU?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Sorry about Boo:(
    Car park is right outside the door, so very short walk (there are steps though).
    Waiting room is small but I have never been there with more than 2 other people/animals so not crowded. It is kind of split into two sections so you could always sit in one if there are people/animals in the other. You could easily wait in the car if you wanted to.
    Appontments tend to be pretty on time, maybe a 15 minute wait or less.
    Staff are nice, but can be a bit abrupt, and very thorough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

So sorry to hear this, have PM'd you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh poor Boo :( we've been there twice. There were 2 other people in the waiting room when we were there so not too crowded. The fist time was not a good experience for us - both with the way we were treated/Bailey was handled and the diagnosis so ended up getting a second opinion which was the complete opposite. Second time around the people we dealt with were brilliant - the vet could see Bailey was terrified of him and didn't repreimand him for it or make me feel like a complete failure as an owner... They had a different opinion than my vet which I should be happy about but being honest I'm wondering in the back of my head how much I trust their judgement after last time - Bailey would probably have been pts by now or crippled if we had of taken their advise. I hope that doesn't freak you out but I guess my point is that they're not the final word on your pet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Sorry about Boo:(
    Car park is right outside the door, so very short walk (there are steps though)..
    There's a wheelchair ramp right beside the steps, so if she cant manage steps use the ramp. The entrance is very close to the car park. If you come in the Stillorgan entrance, take the first turn right signposted "UCD Veterinary Sciences centre". Drive down to the end ~100m, the Hospital reception will be on your right and "client car parking" on your left. My tip is to get your parking permit (it's free) from reception before taking Boo out of the car.

Best of luck. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Poor Boo - sorry to hear she is so unwell. How old is she?
    Hope your trip to UCDVH went ok - let us know how you got on?
    Good luck to you both

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Will be thinking of you and Boo today, Boomerang.
    Keeping everything crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Didn't see this till just now, hope it all goes well today and that you get a positive outcome x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hope all goes okay, such a worry when they are so unwell :( thinking of ye! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Really sorry to hear that Boo has been ill. I hope it went ok today.

Advertisement