Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timings for M25

Options
  • 11-08-2013 11:50am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sunday 16th August - People will receive PMs asking them to let me know if they are coming back for M25.

Tuesday August 27th - If i have not received a reply from you to say you are coming back by this date ,you will be removed from the draft order. If you want to comeback after this date, you will be placed at the end of the draft list

Thursday September 5th
    The draft will begin at midday.
    I will PM the first user on the clock, each person will have 12 hours to make their pick. At the end of your pick, you must PM the next person on the clock (i'll also do it).

If you cannot make the draft, you must PM me a list of teams in your preferred order.
    If your 1st and 2nd choice are gone, i will assign you the 3rd preferred team (regardless of overall) So if you have the Titans, Giants, Cardinals and then the Pats.

In this example you would get the Cards, so be sure who do this correctly.

September 10th
    The Week 1 roster update should have happened...

September 11th

Preseason will start on this date, each pre-season week willl last for one day.
    I wont be putting anyone on auto etc.

Monday 16th
    Game time baby!

Please thank the post to ensure let me know you understand the timings

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Heli
    Pudsy
    Mikemac
    Adrian
    madalig
    theoneadlum
    mikey
    guns4all
    giffney
    nelbert
    gufc
    paullyd
    Padraic
    Berty
    Carroller
    Perrinv2
    Rock lesnar
    Raoul
    howarewe
    davetherave

Players not coming back
    Dangerdave
    brianon
    Matthew8
    Bigbadrob
    notyalc666
    Ettloveslsd
    Nerd69
    Nekochan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Heli

Sim the preseason, pointless anyway except for statistical whoring.

I'm back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sim the preseason, pointless anyway except for statistical whoring.

I'm back anyway.

But the whoring is my whole gameplan!!! Marginal xp boost for huge preseason performance is the way forward!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Personally i want to do pre-season, there's a few guys i want to get a look at tbh.

however i think there's appetite for pre-season in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm in the no pre-season camp, think it's pointless. Obviously don't mind if the majority want to do it though.

Actually, if Pre-season is better in 25 than it was in 13 I'd be up for it, I just thought it was implemented poorly, the punter/kicker bull**** in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'm in the no pre-season camp, think it's pointless. Obviously don't mind if the majority want to do it though.

Actually, if Pre-season is better in 25 than it was in 13 I'd be up for it, I just thought it was implemented poorly, the punter/kicker bull**** in particular.

I see no benefit of it, but if people want to play then fair enough, I won't be playing it though so all my games will be simmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I'm in the 1 or 2 day per preseason week camp. Gives everybody a chance to do their training. If BOTH guys want to play their game let them organise and play it, if only one guy can play ( or its a CPU game ) then it goes to sim to avoid stat whoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    I'm in the 1 or 2 day per preseason week camp. Gives everybody a chance to do their training. If BOTH guys want to play their game let them organise and play it, if only one guy can play ( or its a CPU game ) then it goes to sim to avoid stat whoring.

I definitely think we should do it for the first season anyway as people will just be getting used to the game so we will need the extra bit of practice with our team. It would be advantageous not to just jump straight into the season and not know what we are actually doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Is there a ps3 league or is this just xbox?

xbox, there has been a PS3 league but it fell over after a few weeks

• Advertisement

Heli
    Pudsy
    Mikemac
    Adrian
    madalig
    theoneadlum
    mikey
    guns4all
    giffney
    nelbert
    gufc
    paullyd
    Padraic
    Berty
    Carroller
    Perrinv2
    Rock lesnar
    Raoul
    howarewe
    davetherave
    empacher

New Players
    stetyrell

Players not coming back
    Dangerdave
    brianon
    Matthew8
    Bigbadrob
    notyalc666
    Ettloveslsd
    Nerd69
    Nekochan

Heli
    Pudsy
    Mikemac
    Adrian
    madalig
    theoneadlum
    mikey
    guns4all
    giffney
    nelbert
    gufc
    paullyd
    Padraic
    Berty
    Carroller
    Perrinv2
    Rock lesnar
    Raoul
    howarewe
    davetherave

New Players
    stetyrell

Players not coming back
    Dangerdave
    brianon
    Matthew8
    Bigbadrob
    notyalc666
    Ettloveslsd
    Nerd69
    Nekochan

When I read this first I thought it was the draft order :rolleyes:

Raoul wrote: »
    When I read this first I thought it was the draft order :rolleyes:

I'd still pick the Titans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm coming back, if my pm didn't send

empacher wrote: »
    I'm coming back, if my pm didn't send

Sorry empacher, i forgot to update the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Only 21 players coming back as things stand. We will be doing well to get a full league I'd imagine. I've just had a quick look and this time last year we had 27 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

hey guys I want in but prob wont be able to join till bout the 16th-23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

doubt i'll be back for the first season anyway lads, sorry.

So we are kicking off with the draft this week. Theres a few issues that will need to be patched before we can start.

1) Accelerated clock
    2) chronic injuries!
    and probably a few other ones

Just on the injuries, below are what has happened by week 6 in an online franchise

Levitre - Herniated Disk - Misses 12 games
    Hunter - Dislocated Hip - Misses the season
    C2J - Turf Toe - 3 weeks
    Greene - Herniated Disk 9 games (not sure why theres a length difference)
    Britt - Broken Collarbone - 5 weeks
    Sensabaugh - Broken Forearm - 4 weeks
    Walker - Broken something or other - 6 weeks
    McCarthy - Broken Jaw - misses the season
    Fokou - Also a broken jaw - Misses the season
    Brown - Broken Collarbone 5 weeks
    Britt - turf toe - misses 3 weeks
    Casey - Broken forearm - 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So we are kicking off with the draft this week. Theres a few issues that will need to be patched before we can start.

1) Accelerated clock
    2) chronic injuries!
    and probably a few other ones

Just on the injuries, below are what has happened by week 6 in an online franchise

Levitre - Herniated Disk - Misses 12 games
    Hunter - Dislocated Hip - Misses the season
    C2J - Turf Toe - 3 weeks
    Greene - Herniated Disk 9 games (not sure why theres a length difference)
    Britt - Broken Collarbone - 5 weeks
    Sensabaugh - Broken Forearm - 4 weeks
    Walker - Broken something or other - 6 weeks
    McCarthy - Broken Jaw - misses the season
    Fokou - Also a broken jaw - Misses the season
    Brown - Broken Collarbone 5 weeks
    Britt - turf toe - misses 3 weeks
    Casey - Broken forearm - 4 weeks

Such a joke that they can't get these things right before releasing the game. Seriously, how does that stuff get past testing?

Also Heli, will we be playing with pre-existing injuries on or off or can we have a vote? I vote off!

• Advertisement

I think that we will be playing with the pre existing injuries off.

Nobody benefits from starting with injuries so it would just be an annoyance.

As Raoul says, they will be off.

tbh unless EA fix something we'll need all the help we can get tbh.

I can see FA getting a lot of action during the season unless a patch gets rolled out for the volume of injuries that are occuring.

I would imagine a patch will be rolled out. It always is to be fair. Sure remember last year/year before, there were at least 1 or 2 PAT attempts blocked, which was ridiculous. That got fixed pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Free agents will all be snapped up with that amount of injuries, you'd need a roster of 73:o
    Just gonna get some playing time today properly and get a offline franchise going.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Free agents will all be snapped up with that amount of injuries, you'd need a roster of 73:o
    Just gonna get some playing time today properly and get a offline franchise going.

I'll be honest, i really think unless something happens we'll end up in that situation.

6 games in I've lost 11 players (ignoring they fact they are all starters)
    But I've lost

2 RBs
    2 TEs
    2 WRs
    My 2 MLBs
    1 CB
    1 OLB

You just cant sustain those losses and whats worse is the length of the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'll be honest, i really think unless something happens we'll end up in that situation.

6 games in I've lost 11 players (ignoring they fact they are all starters)
    But I've lost

2 RBs
    2 TEs
    2 WRs
    My 2 MLBs
    1 CB
    1 OLB

You just cant sustain those losses and whats worse is the length of the injuries.

Yeah that's a lot, I lost three in three preseason games, going to play the first season game later. Injured a bills player with a sideline hit into his bench lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

What's the story with FA post draft????

Is it reverse order in preseason till we've all got one and then open season? Like last year.

Thats correct Nelbert, except it will be 2 rounds .

So last pick to 1st then 1st pick to last and then its open season

No Week 1 roster update as yet.

So once that happens which i think may be thursday/friday
    we'll get the league kicked off.

As above pre-season weeks will be 1 day, pre-existing injuries will be off. Because we start in pre-season we will have 75 man rosters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Joe told me last night that the Week 1 Roster update should be out on Friday night.

Advertisement