Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timings for M25

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cool, I'm away so bert/Adrian presume you can help out with the franchise creation in my absence

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cool, I'm away so bert/Adrian presume you can help out with the franchise creation in my absence

Should be around by Sunday anyway, if not Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I will be around Friday night I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

No Week 1 roster update as yet.

So once that happens which i think may be thursday/friday
    we'll get the league kicked off.

As above pre-season weeks will be 1 day, pre-existing injuries will be off. Because we start in pre-season we will have 75 man rosters.

I know we are doing the pre season but is it gonna be with the default rosters from the start of the game.

Or will we be using the rosters from the Week 1 update, in which case people might not have 75 man rosters as they will have been cut down to 53?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

It will be the 53 man up to date week 1 rosters which are released on Friday night. That's what Heli will use to start franchise with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Thank God!

I was fearing my Ravens would not have Vonta Leach, best fullback in the league

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty44 wrote: »
    It will be the 53 man up to date week 1 rosters which are released on Friday night. That's what Heli will use to start franchise with.

But will there be the pre-season dross to get rid off before week 1 of the game bert?

I don't think so Keith. Will be the rosters for the teams which were active for the week 1 games as far as I know.

Do we know what the story is with the update yet?

Also, I think after the league is set up we should give two days for the first preseason week just so we can give people to get joined.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So when are we looking at week 1 of the regular season?

Adrian, are you ok to set the league up later this evening?

Should be, attempting to install a satellite this evening too, you don't know anything about that sort of thing do you?

Anyway, I'll post up details for joining later on.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Should be, attempting to install a satellite this evening too, you don't know anything about that sort of thing do you?

Anyway, I'll post up details for joining later on.

Not a clue, half price Sky for a year if you want that though

I will be about to do it regardless. Sure only takes a couple of min. Then I can pm everyone with the code. I will also set up the community that we can use for friendlies and if we ever have more cup games or anything like that.

Edit-didn't see Adrians post. Doesn't matter who sets it up. Whoever does it quickest I suppose :).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If Raoul is setting it up I guess we'll be starting in week two? :pac:

Raoul wrote: »
    I will be about to do it regardless. Sure only takes a couple of min. Then I can pm everyone with the code. I will also set up the community that we can use for friendlies and if we ever have more cup games or anything like that.

Edit-didn't see Adrians post. Doesn't matter who sets it up. Whoever does it quickest I suppose :).

I'll let you set it up then as I'll be pretty busy this evening. Half marathon training to do as well.

Paully D wrote: »
    If Raoul is setting it up I guess we'll be starting in week two? :pac:

Harsh!! Commish of the league for 3/4 years and I made one mistake :o

Paully whats your gamertag? Updating the who's who.

So just going through the process now (I need practice).

We will be using the Week 1 rosters.
    Should everyone be a new coach or are we happy for people to pick current coaches which will already have a legacy score? and is it owner only?
    Instant Starter off
    Salary cap on
    skill level all pro
    playcall style game flow
    quarter length 7 min??
    accelerated clock on
    min play clock time 20 sec
    game speed normal
    play progression weekly
    coach firing off
    game play tuning on (just incase)
    injury on
    pre existing off
    trade deadline on
    trade type enable human
    relocation settings normal
    league type owners only
    auto strafe on
    pre snap menu off
    coaching tips off
    player names always
    heat seeker off
    ball hawk off
    switch assist off
    fill roster on
    re sign players off
    progress players off
    sign offseason agents off
    legend yes or no?? I am not sure what this is.
    Last thing is...current rosters and not fantasy draft

New Coaches only.
    8 min quarters
    Heat seeker/ball hawk/switch assist, not sure on these would have thought they would be on but not sure.
    Sign off season agents, presume this should be on, but not sure again.

Legend no I think
    Current rosters.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    New Coaches only.
    8 min quarters
    Heat seeker/ball hawk/switch assist, not sure on these would have thought they would be on but not sure.
    Sign off season agents, presume this should be on, but not sure again.

Legend no I think
    Current rosters.

Yeah I am not sure about the heat seeker and ball hawk stuff. The default was off.

I think the sign off season agents was for the CPU to do it.

And when you say new coaches only, I presume you mean new owners only? As you can only pick owners only or owners and coaches or all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Owners is what I thought we were going for?

Pretty much all correct, however as it looks like the accelerated clock isnt working we'll need to tweak the game length until the patch is applied
    So just going through the process now (I need practice).

We will be using the Week 1 rosters.
    Should everyone be a new coach or are we happy for people to pick current coaches which will already have a legacy score? and is it owner only?
    Instant Starter off - Yes
    Salary cap on Yes
    skill level all pro
    playcall style game flow Yes
    quarter length 7 min?? Yes
    accelerated clock on Yes
    min play clock time 20 sec Yes But this is broken
    game speed normal Yes
    play progression weekly Yes
    coach firing off Yes
    game play tuning on (just incase) Yes
    injury on Yes
    pre existing off Yes
    trade deadline on Yes
    trade type enable human Yes
    relocation settings normal Yes
    league type owners only Yes
    auto strafe on Yes
    pre snap menu off Yes
    coaching tips off Yes
    player names always Yes
    heat seeker offYes
    ball hawk offYes
    switch assist off Yes
    fill roster on Yes
    re sign players off Yes
    progress players off Yes
    sign offseason agents off Yes
    legend yes or no?? I am not sure what this is.
    Last thing is...current rosters and not fantasy draft

We'll go for owners.

Its the same as coaches but gives some additional fun bits to play with.
    firings are off so if you dont want to do it, you dont have to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Does having ball hawk off mean we cant manually go for interceptions?

You can still manually go but ball hawk is an aid for making interceptions which in my opinion was ridiculous last year to the point where a receiver could be 5 or 6 yards ahead on a deep route but if the other person took control of the defensive player they could catch up and make an int. This is what I think ball hawk is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ball hawk is the heat seeking intereceptions. Better off not using it i think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

We'll go for owners.

Its the same as coaches but gives some additional fun bits to play with.
    firings are off so if you dont want to do it, you dont have to
    Being an owner could affect how much bonus you have for signing players if you're not managing your cash though could it?
    Also the guys in the GM league said the Head coachs are spending the xp they earn sometimes(dunno if thats true)

I'm gonna be a coach anyway
    Berty44 wrote: »
    All the Chiefs players going up,Yes Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    All the Chiefs players going up,Yes Yes

I'm surprised a couple of my players are dropping by -1, but Cameron Jordan (RE) going up by 3 to 84 OVR is a big help. Vaccaro, Evans, Bunkley and Ingram drop -1 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

You can still manually go but ball hawk is an aid for making interceptions which in my opinion was ridiculous last year to the point where a receiver could be 5 or 6 yards ahead on a deep route but if the other person took control of the defensive player they could catch up and make an int. This is what I think ball hawk is.

Ball hawk has been toned down significantly this year, EA listened to what we were all saying. In last years game you could wait till the snap then hold down Y and get the INT if you had the correct player selected pre snap.

Heat seeker assist is helping with laying down big hits on players. Maybe with it off we wont have as many injuries!

Advertisement