Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timings for M25

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From what I have heard, the ball hawk, heat seeker etc options don't work anyway:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/655241-heat-seeker-ball-hawk-switch-assist-will-not-stay-turned-4.html
    I just confirmed for both offline and online for PS3 NONE of them work in games when you are in franchise mode.

If you have them turned on in any setting both outside connected careers in vanilla mode when you first turn the game it turns it off when you go into a franchise. If you turn them back inside the franchise setting it turns it back off in the game. If you go in the game to turn back on it lets you turn them back on BUT as soon as you leave the option screen it defaults back to OFF. If you hit the "default settings" button in options it shows them as on BUT as soon as you leave and go back to check it is again turned to OFF.

There is literally NO WAY to have them turned on during games. I can not believe this gigantic of a bug made it live.

Posts like the above are all over Madden forums on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

So...Owners are allowed to relocate? If it's left on default you'll have at least of the rubbish cpu teams moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

So...Owners are allowed to relocate? If it's left on default you'll have at least of the rubbish cpu teams moving.

I think the default only lets your team relocate if the fans hate you

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I think the default only lets your team relocate if the fans hate you

Mmm. In the online sims Ive run there's always a few that go. The Raiders move, Jags too and the Cardinals. Mostly to Mexico City.

The problem is that the jerseys just aren't the same tone as the real ones and overall it doesn't feel sim when the teams move.

That's my two cents on it.

Mmm. In the online sims Ive run there's always a few that go. The Raiders move, Jags too and the Cardinals. Mostly to Mexico City.

The problem is that the jerseys just aren't the same tone as the real ones and overall it doesn't feel sim when the teams move.

That's my two cents on it.

Oh sorry, I understand your point. Yeah we should probably turn it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I need a few more people to let me know what they think about the relocations. For myself, I don't really mind if teams move, in fact I think it would be more fun and a bit of a laugh. No sign of the update as of yet. I will be about to create the franchise until 7 after that it is up to Adrian or Heli.

If we are allowed relocate teams....I'd almost be in favour of limitless relocation. Would it destroy the league though?

Raoul wrote: »
    I need a few more people to let me know what they think about the relocations. For myself, I don't really mind if teams move, in fact I think it would be more fun and a bit of a laugh. No sign of the update as of yet. I will be about to create the franchise until 7 after that it is up to Adrian or Heli.

My own view is that the league should be as sim (realistic) as possible in keeping with the gameplay of our franchise, and therefore teams like the Packers etc moving would be silly. The likes of Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Buffalo etc moving would be cool though.

Perhaps a middle ground would be to put proposed moves to an owners vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Does this mean my Ravens are being shut down and the Colts are returning to Baltimore? :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    My own view is that the league should be as sim (realistic) as possible in keeping with the gameplay of our franchise, and therefore teams like the Packers etc moving would be silly. The likes of Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Buffalo etc moving would be cool though.

Perhaps a middle ground would be to put proposed moves to an owners vote?
    I am not sure if you can set it so the CPU teams can't be relocated. So the idea of putting it to an owners vote may be tough.

I think if possible we turn CPU relocations off and allow human owners to move only with the consensus of a majority of the other owners. But if the CPU can move than we go with no relocations to be in keeping with our "sim" league.

• Advertisement

I think we should go with the default setting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Does this mean my Ravens are being shut down and the Colts are returning to Baltimore? :pac:

The Colts will be staying in Indianapolis ........for now ;-)

Raoul wrote: »
    I am not sure if you can set it so the CPU teams can't be relocated. So the idea of putting it to an owners vote may be tough.

I think if possible we turn CPU relocations off and allow human owners to move only with the consensus of a majority of the other owners. But if the CPU can move than we go with no relocations to be in keeping with our "sim" league.

I'd just turn it on then mate. There's not that many CPU teams anyway and if they move so be it. If a human controlled owner wants to move we can do a league-wide vote on the proposed relocation or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

The New Mexico Packers kinda has a ring to it:P

Any news on the update?

Any news on the update?

Aye, it's live mate. You'll be prompted to download it when you go to start a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Any leagues we have been on maddenpfl we have gone with coaches only as if you start as an owner some of the coaching stuff is not available to you such as xp.

Maybe that's the best option then

Yeah, a coach would be best then if some of the features such as XP aren't available without being a coach.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ah when are we starting again?

• Advertisement

Whoever sets up the league do NOT click on Start League until everyone has joined. If you do the CPU is liable to sign free agents.

Andif we're going coaches only I think we should turn off relocations entirely.

Andif we're going coaches only I think we should turn off relocations entirely.

I'd agree with that, as it would be quite annoying if owners start randomly relocating without the consent of the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Does anyone think we should use sliders this year? It will make the CPU games a bit more realistic

any news on when the league will get under way lads?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ill be home later so ill set it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Has everyone got their mic ready for Week 1? :)

Xtravision seem to have none. Going out of business I suppose!

20 euro will get you a quality one in Gamestop. They have 50 euro headsets too but that's a little too much for me

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Does anyone think we should use sliders this year? It will make the CPU games a bit more realistic

I think it could leave to too many squabbles. We are best leaving it as many settings to default as possible to avoid arguments.

Edit - and it looks like coaches only? :( I was hoping to overcharge for tickets and make millions.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Has everyone got their mic ready for Week 1? :)

Xtravision seem to have none. Going out of business I suppose!

20 euro will get you a quality one in Gamestop. They have 50 euro headsets too but that's a little too much for me
    It is so worth paying he extra for a set of Turtle Beaches. We're on offer for 50 in Argos a while back.

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    Whoever sets up the league do NOT click on Start League until everyone has joined. If you do the CPU is liable to sign free agents.

Is it okay for individual players to click the ''start online league'' button or not?

Advertisement