Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Wigan - Community Shield - KO 2pm - ITV

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Who said Moyes has never won anything eh???
    G'wan the silverware, yup yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

David Moyes has won more trophies in one competitive game than Wenger has in 8 years at Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Well, that was underwhelming. Against a side that finished 17 places and 50+ points below them, 2-0, one of which was largely luck, is weak. Kudos to RVP for a hungry display.

Eleven subs! How can that be right? Isn't the game played under association rules

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

mitosis wrote: »
    Well, that was underwhelming. Against a side that finished 17 places and 50+ points below them, 2-0, one of which was largely luck, is weak. Kudos to RVP for a hungry display.

Eleven subs! How can that be right? Isn't the game played under association rules

No cards don't even carry. It's a friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

BREAKING NEWS: David Moyes contracts Fabregitis. Def: The obtention of trophies after playing one game with a new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mitosis wrote: »

I'm very happy with how the game went, Wigan aren't a million miles away from a lot of the teams that United will come up against in the league and the level of comfort was well, comforting. If Anderson continues to get more game time than Kagawa I might cry and the wing play should be improved if Nani gets back by next week, Zaha looked a little Raw, I think playing on the left would have suited him better as his turns and shimmys were mainly inside and he didn't seem to have the touch with his left. Defense all played well too, a lot to take from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Liam O wrote: »
    If Anderson continues to get more game time than Kagawa I might cry

They mentioned that Kag has an international game during the week. He'll get his game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Couple of observations:

It was easy for them out there today but let's not forget this was the team that knocked us out of the FA cup last year and have started very well in the championship.

Zaha looks very good. I like his willingness to get on the ball and take his man on. He does need to learn when to pass the ball but if he sorts that out we may well have a star on our hands. Defenders are drawn to him and so there's a lot of space created.

Cleverly looks like he did last year - I just don't see him as being first 11 class but is a great squad player.

Wellbeck looked good today. Great movement and had a couple of shots that were on target for a change. Seems to have learned to keep upright when in the box too.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't like Jones as RB. He got caught out there too many times and doesn't give us the attacking options. Give Fabio the game time.

Also hopefully Evra's game today will have convinced Moyes that he already has the best LB in the league and that there's no need for Baines. If he does want to splash the cash for that position get some youth in.

Andan looked an interesting prospect in the few mins he was on. Style wise he looks like a cross between Berbatov and maybe Kaka? Lots of potential but need to see more of him and I hope he gets game time.

Anderson played well when he came on. Great to see a MF running at defenses. I really hope he can stay fit this season. I'd like to se him in MF with Carrick and another DM (Fellaini?) behind a fluid front three.

Congrads to Moyes, the first trophy of many I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Issac wrote: »
    Couple of observations:

It was easy for them out there today but let's not forget this was the team that knocked us out of the FA cup last year and have started very well in the championship.

Zaha looks very good. I like his willingness to get on the ball and take his man on. He does need to learn when to pass the ball but if he sorts that out we may well have a star on our hands. Defenders are drawn to him and so there's a lot of space created.

Cleverly looks like he did last year - I just don't see him as being first 11 class but is a great squad player.

Wellbeck looked good today. Great movement and had a couple of shots that were on target for a change. Seems to have learned to keep upright when in the box too.

Andan looked an interesting prospect in the few mins he was on. Style wise he looks like a cross between Berbatov and maybe Kaka? Lots of potential but need to see more of him and I hope he gets game time.

Anderson played well when he came on. Great to see a MF running at defenses. I really hope he can stay fit this season. I'd like to se him in MF with Carrick and another DM (Fellaini?) behind a fluid front three.

Congrads to Moyes, the first trophy of many I hope.

Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Chelsea

It's a nice area alright. Nice cafés, bars and restaurants. Close to the center of town..

• Advertisement
Advertisement