Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm battery- any suppliers open Sundays?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Alarm battery needs to be replaced and I can only find Maplins open today but they're looking for €63!!!!

Anyone know where else I might be able to get one (preferably Dublin city centre if poss)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No suppliers that I'm aware of, but if the low battery warning has only come up it will be fine till tomorrow or during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bumpkin22

KoolKid wrote: »
    No suppliers that I'm aware of, but if the low battery warning has only come up it will be fine till tomorrow or during the week.

Thanks KoolKid.
    It's been up a few weeks and the alarm has gone off sporadically during the night :( Couldn't get the panel off to check for battery type until this morning (screw came off the threads arrrgghhh)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

What part of the country are you in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Open the panel and disconnect the battery. It will stop the activations until you can get a battery.

Open the panel and disconnect the battery. It will stop the activations until you can get a battery.

Can I still operate the alarm ie set it when I go out etc? Also, to disconnect the battery should I shut off the mains beforehand?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most will allow you set with a battery fault.
    What system is it?
    To be safe turn off the mains if your not comfortable around electricity.

Most will allow you set with a battery fault.
    What system is it?
    To be safe turn off the mains if your not comfortable around electricity.

It's HKC Secure Watch. Never changed the battery before so apols for all the questions. Thinking it might just be best/easier to get an engineer out tomorrow. I know it will cost more but at least it will be done right & may get it serviced

It's a simple enough job to swap it out.
    The battery you need is a 7 amp 12volt Dc rechargeable.
    Turn the mains power off.
    Open the panel lid by removing the screw at the top.
    Swap out the battery observing the polarity.
    Close up the panel and reapply the mains power.
    Where are you located? I'll let you know the handiest source for that battery.

It's a simple enough job to swap it out.
    The battery you need is a 7 amp 12volt Dc rechargeable.
    Turn the mains power off.
    Open the panel lid by removing the screw at the top.
    Swap out the battery observing the polarity.
    Close up the panel and reapply the mains power.
    Where are you located? I'll let you know the handiest source for that battery.

Thanks a mil Koolkid, very much appreciated! I'm in Dublin city centre.

There's plenty of electrical wholesalers in the city center or REW in Finglas.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil for all the advice folks! Got it sorted earlier:

Battery - €22 from McKenna Dist on Aston Quay

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the update. Glad you got sorted.

Advertisement