Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conyngham Road, Islandbridge, Dublin 8

Options
  • 11-08-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I saw an apartment in Longmeadows in this area!! is this area safe to live? Also how long would it be from James Hospital (to walk), please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

30 minute walk I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fifahy

great thanks and do u no if the area is safe to live??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

30 minute walk I'd say.

I think you might be thinking of a different spot- Long Meadows on Conyngham Road is around a 7-8 minute walk from James Hospital, all you have to do is walk down to Hueston Station, follow the Luas tracks for one stop and then you're at the front entrance of James' Hospital.

OP I lived down in Islandbrodge a little further down the road from Long Meadows for a few years and also worked in a pub on Parkgate Street so I know the area reasonably well. There are some rought elements in Deveaney Gardens just off Military Road. Generally you won't get any hassle from these people as Long Meadows is a good 500-600m away from where they live. But you will be sharing the same shops as them on Parkgate Street so you won't be able to ignore them completely. All that said I do consider that area to be safe for sure and if for some reason I wanted to live close to the city centre again then it is defintely an area I'd be considering.

that helps alot !! Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I think 8 minutes walk is an excessively optimistic estimate!

I think 15-20 minutes is more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

19 mins from the tippy top junction with Parkgate St to St. James's according to google maps.

ok sounds great thanks

Advertisement