Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divinity: Dragon Commander?

• 11-08-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I have not even heard about this up until today when I sow Angry Joe Video. With all its short coming its still looks very cool Steam punk game. I really love the Starcraft 2 type General/advisor system. Looks like you will have to deal with feminism, gender equality or even same sex marriege. I am really tempted to grab this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I signed up for the beta of this but never installed it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

. Looks like you will have to deal with feminism, gender equality or even same sex marriege.
    Well if I deal with such with the dire iridescent dragon breath of a flame more tempered than 10,000 suns, then that would of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I saw TB's WTF is... video about it and thought it looked mad. One or two of my steam friends have bought it so I'll see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I made a thread on this the other day but nobody was interested.

I bought it anyway and I'm really enjoying it. It's a big mix of genres, each one is slightly shallow (for example the RTS side of Starcraft II would be better than this, but that doesn't make the RTS in this bad!) but when you put it all together it works really well.

Basically you've a large continental map on which you can recruit units, invade people, etc etc. When you invade it goes to RTS mode and you can fight as a pure RTS, you can bring your dragon in and out of the game which makes it a bit more action oriented, or you can auto-resolve. At the start of the next turn you'l be brought back to your ship and you'll have to deal with your council (who will make proposals that you have to accept or decline), research new techs, research new dragon skills, or just talk to your generals/wife/whoever. With the council decisions you're going to annoy some people and make others happy, which can have repercussions down the line.

I'm enjoying it anyway, would recommend.

Edit - I'll just add that once you get a foothold on the world map, the game isn't especially hard. I'm playing on normal. If anyone is good at these kind of games I'd play on hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

danthefan wrote: »
    I made a thread on this the other day but nobody was interested.

I bought it anyway and I'm really enjoying it. It's a big mix of genres, each one is slightly shallow (for example the RTS side of Starcraft II would be better than this, but that doesn't make the RTS in this bad!) but when you put it all together it works really well.

Basically you've a large continental map on which you can recruit units, invade people, etc etc. When you invade it goes to RTS mode and you can fight as a pure RTS, you can bring your dragon in and out of the game which makes it a bit more action oriented, or you can auto-resolve. At the start of the next turn you'l be brought back to your ship and you'll have to deal with your council (who will make proposals that you have to accept or decline), research new techs, research new dragon skills, or just talk to your generals/wife/whoever. With the council decisions you're going to annoy some people and make others happy, which can have repercussions down the line.

I'm enjoying it anyway, would recommend.

It does look very tempting. Something very very different too. Maybe its not perfect, but really damn cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I made a thread on strategy forum last week, looks pretty good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm not an RTS fan but since this is from the developers who are working on Divinity Original Sin, which I backed, I want to see them do well because they seem like a good bunch. So give them all your money :)

Advertisement