Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mullingar getting a new gym ????

Options
  • 11-08-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Heard one of the personal trainers in one of the other gyms say he saw a couple of vans loading a ton of fitness equipment into one of the industrial units in the town . Hopefully this isnt BS a decent gym is long overdue in this town !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

is that up the town beside Supervalu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    is that up the town beside Supervalu?

No in the industrial estate apparently .Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

One of the guys from Park Hotel is setting up on his own. Bfit, its opening in September - there's a facebook page (it was recommended by a friend).

mandz wrote: »
    One of the guys from Park Hotel is setting up on his own. Bfit, its opening in September - there's a facebook page (it was recommended by a friend).

I inow what your talkin about and I believe thats just a small room being rented for spinning classes etc. Im tqlkin about a proper gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

Cant believe there is no gym in Mullingar :confused:

How does anyone live there ??? :o

Athlones got 5 of them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

martin1 wrote: »
    Cant believe there is no gym in Mullingar :confused:

How does anyone live there ??? :o

Athlones got 5 of them ;)

There are three that i know of in Mullingar:

Flex Gym in the industrial estate.
    The park hotel.
    Bloomfield hotel.

Yup the rumours are true gym going in in the industrial estate . The biggest fitness centre in West meath if the sign outside is to be believed. It was only a matter of time Mullingar was crying out for a decent gym .

dor843088 wrote: »
    Yup the rumours are true gym going in in the industrial estate . The biggest fitness centre in West meath if the sign outside is to be believed. It was only a matter of time Mullingar was crying out for a decent gym .

what industrial estate?

what industrial estate?

The one with flex and the recycling centre and nct centre in it.

The one with flex and the recycling centre and nct centre in it.

right.
    so a good bit outside the actual town.

• Advertisement

right.
    so a good bit outside the actual town.

Were you expecting a gym to open up on the main st? Im not complaining anyway Im chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nuala Reilly

I also heard about BFit... The guy that's setting it up is brilliant..I've never been to better fitness classes than his.. there is info coming up at weekend on their facebook page about timetable etc...:)

I also heard about BFit... The guy that's setting it up is brilliant..I've never been to better fitness classes than his.. there is info coming up at weekend on their facebook page about timetable etc...:)

wow, first post, promoting a new gym...

a proper gym in the actual town would get business if you ask me - before work, lunchtime workouts

a proper gym in the actual town would get business if you ask me - before work, lunchtime workouts

One word PARKING! its a disaster in the town evennif you just want to pop into the bank . A gym in the town would fail miserably with nowhere to park .

One word PARKING! its a disaster in the town evennif you just want to pop into the bank . A gym in the town would fail miserably with nowhere to park .

Definitely agree! Its closer to town than bloomfield and park. My membership to Park Hotel is up in October so I might just check this place out

mandz wrote: »
    Definitely agree! Its closer to town than bloomfield and park. My membership to Park Hotel is up in October so I might just check this place out

Your in the same boat as me . Soon as this place opens up Im cancelling my park hotel membership. 600euros! If this place is anything like the navan branch they have it will be very well equipped and quite cheap membership too .

Yeah I agree a fully equipped gym will obviously get business that's stating the obvious:rolleyes:...but more so on the outskirts of a town ( due to parking and people like privacy) there's business in fitness classes too coz they are personal, get results and your guided through every move your not just a number!!! There's lots of workout times available with classes and often you can book in whenever suits you for a group or personal class........

Yeah I agree a fully equipped gym will obviously get business that's stating the obvious:rolleyes:...but more so on the outskirts of a town ( due to parking and people like privacy) there's business in fitness classes too coz they are personal, get results and your guided through every move your not just a number!!! There's lots of workout times available with classes and often you can book in whenever suits you for a group or personal class........

In most gyms all classes are free all week long . And for a fraction of the price youd pay for individual classes.

Your in the same boat as me . Soon as this place opens up Im cancelling my park hotel membership. 600euros! If this place is anything like the navan branch they have it will be very well equipped and quite cheap membership too .

I like the sound of that! Yeah I do think the Park Hotel and Bloomfield are a bit overpriced, especially compared to the prices of gyms up in Dublin. My friend from work nearly fell off her seat when I said how much the membership was. Perhaps they'll be forced to drop their prices when these guys open if they are as good and reasonable like the Navan branch.

In most gyms all classes are free all week long . And for a fraction of the price youd pay for individual classes.

more people pay for 'pay as you go classes' in other gyms than would ever buy memberships

kettbell
    TRX
    spinning
    aerobics

a gym where teams (GAA, soccer etc) could come in a do a session together would get business if you ask me.

• Advertisement

more people pay for 'pay as you go classes' in other gyms than would ever buy memberships

kettbell
    TRX
    spinning
    aerobics

a gym where teams (GAA, soccer etc) could come in a do a session together would get business if you ask me.

Well then most people must have more money then sense .

Well then most people must have more money then sense .

they pay for classes when they are able to go.
    not for a gym that they won't use everyday.
    makes sense to me.

makes sense to me.

Totally agree. I joined gym with hopes of doing the free classes but after I joined I realised I had very little classes to choose from. I don't get home from work until 7.30approx so there were only 4 classes I could do which of all of them I only liked one, the spinning.

I'd pay for individual classes that I liked if I could make them no problem. For example I did Zumba in Park once and personally for me, i found the class I would normally pay for in town on the same night was a much better class so I never did the Zumba at the gym again. But that was personal thing, as girl was doing the class to suit the people there and had warned me it wasnt going to be like the other class when I told her I had been to Zumba in town.

makes sense to me.

Totally agree with u .. in this day and age a lot of people cant afford to fork out gym membership in a lump sum and are unsure of their job security, pay as you go is ideal.. also for teams in winter where they can come as they please while continuing their training and team bonding!

Has anyone heard any whisperings of when in September they are opening?

Think this gym has opened/is opening soon. Drove by for a nose last night and they had balloons outside and a sign saying entrance on a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carolanne2006

Yep its open called in yesterday for a look around its amazing HUGE and they have some amount of equipment I'm definitely going to join!!! only € 279 for the year!!

Gonna pop in for a nose this week hopefully. Membership up at Park this month and €279 for the year is a bargain! As much as I love having the option of the pool I have to let my bank account do the talking.

Are they doing the whole group discount for groups of people who join together like they do in Navan?

Was excited to see this place opening but now im not so sure . Staff seem to be far more interested in telling you what you cant and must not do than anything else and quote the rules like its their national pastime. It seems in an attempt to make it a good environment for everyone they have achieved quite the opposite and let a few idiots ruin it for everyone before the idiots have even signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 roadrunner31

Has anyone joined the new gym in Miullingar or what ye think of it?

Advertisement