Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mullingar getting a new gym ????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Has anyone joined the new gym in Miullingar or what ye think of it?

Iv joined . Its a good gym with a decent level of equipment by mullingar standards . I presume your a runner they have 7 treadmills which isnt a whole lot especially at peak times . All in all its by far your best bet in mullingar but it needs a little bit more equipment before I would call it a great gym . I feel its maybe q bit of an uptight atmosphere in the place but maybe its just because its newly open .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 roadrunner31

Thanks for that. I feel other gyms are overpriced in the town for what they offer! So may check this one out anyway as membership has been up for while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Why join a gym if all you want to do is run?

The road is free.
    As are the many fields around the town

• Registered Users Posts: 7 roadrunner31

thanks for that - but I don't remember saying that all I wanted to use gym for was running?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Saybon

I dropped up to this gym during the week to do an evening class. I was not expecting to see such a big gym. The class was great, but it was the gym area that really surprised me. Finally, a top class gym, those Red weight machines look really good. Gonna join Monday. As a follow up to a previous point the instructor showing me around did mention the rules to me, and I am glad there will finally be a gym where you don't have to worry about people intimidating other members, with grunting and banging weights, finallly everyone can train together under the same rules...

• Advertisement

Saybon wrote: »
    I dropped up to this gym during the week to do an evening class. I was not expecting to see such a big gym. The class was great, but it was the gym area that really surprised me. Finally, a top class gym, those Red weight machines look really good. Gonna join Monday. As a follow up to a previous point the instructor showing me around did mention the rules to me, and I am glad there will finally be a gym where you don't have to worry about people intimidating other members, with grunting and banging weights, finallly everyone can train together under the same rules...

What gym allows intimidation?

No gym allows it, but I've been in many gyms where the instructors are behind the desk not caring about what is going on the gym floor, while lads with big egos, banging weights and grunting like their giving birth, and it is intimidating other gym members. I've joined this gym and love the atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

How much is the membership for the year

No gym allows it, but I've been in many gyms where the instructors are behind the desk not caring about what is going on the gym floor, while lads with big egos, banging weights and grunting like their giving birth, and it is intimidating other gym members. I've joined this gym and love the atmosphere.

You must be easily intimidated

I'm not easily intimidated no, but I have the grace and humility to realise that the gym does not revolve around me and me only! I take other members into account while training. It seems to me, with your quick presumptions of me, that you're missing out on training the body's most important muscle......the one between you two ears!!!

• Advertisement

I'm not easily intimidated no, but I have the grace and humility to realise that the gym does not revolve around me and me only! I take other members into account while training. It seems to me, with your quick presumptions of me, that you're missing out on training the body's most important muscle......the one between you two ears!!!

While I agree with you about idiots making unnecessary noise etc it doesnt concern me so im not bothered. Im interested in my own training end of story
    If you are worried about other gym users noise levels maybe you should stick to Nintendo or go to the library.

Some people make noises when lifting heavy objects. Simple as. It takes a lot of effort.

I agree with the dropping dumbbells issue though.
    Respect equipment or 'get da fcuk out' would be my policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Some people make noises when lifting heavy objects. Simple as. It takes a lot of effort.

I agree with the dropping dumbbells issue though.
    Respect equipment or 'get da fcuk out' would be my policy.

If it was a professional gym,they would have rubber maths under,very simple,or even have the weights in a seperate room.
    I cant imagine anyone doing cleans or deadlifting heavy without making noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

now that Flex has closed there is no gym close to the town.
    have to drive out to Bloomfield or the Park Hotel.

its a pity

now that Flex has closed there is no gym close to the town.
    have to drive out to Bloomfield or the Park Hotel.

its a pity

Havent you read the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

dor843088 wrote: »
    Havent you read the thread?

yes.
    where is this other mystical gym people have been talking about?
    there is no name nor address for it

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Club Active: https://www.facebook.com/clubactive.mullingar

They are based at Unit 13, Zone C, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar, Co Westmeath and the phone number is (044) 939 6904

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Its in the same part of the industrial estate where Flex used to be. I heard rumor that its actually part owned by person who owned Flex. Its 2 doors down from Clearys Electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Any one know what the opening hours are like ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

farreca wrote: »
    Any one know what the opening hours are like ?

I know that they have classes starting from 8am most days and classes going on in the evenings as well (8pm approx), so they are open all day. Not a hundred per cent sure of the weekend hours - so you best bet is to give them a tinkle on 0449396904 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Think they're open from 8am on weekdays until 9.30pm. Saturday I think they're open 10-3 and Sunday 10-1.

Advertisement