Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 weeks... just hit me babys coming soon

• 11-08-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im 32 weeks, think its just hit me, finding the last few weeks really tough going. Been doing everything as normal up to this point.

Its hit me that I have very little ready for the new arrival, also haven't done the ante natal classes yet and have no real clue in general... first baby.

Starting to feel the stress now ever so slightly, been going through threads here for prams, hospital bag list etc.
    So far I have the following In hand, maybe if theres anything obvious Im missing somebody could point it out.
    Also working full time, just sent in the maternity benefit forms this week, taking the 26 weeks paid, been told if I want any further time you get zero social welfare for that time is this correct?
    Also totally stressing if crèches have wait lists so going to ring around this week.

Avent steriliser - got this from Smyths (Electric-bought no other bottles)
    Moses Basket - on the way from euro baby
    Uppa vista pram and maxi cosi car seat put away - to be collected end of month
    cot bed - again Ive this put away just to be collected
    hospital bag - only thought of today
    Bouncer chair- Not sure when you can even start using these?
    absolutely nothing else apart from a few baby grows gotten, totally stressed out today with it all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Go onto October thread, there is hospital bag list there. U really dont need to be worrying about a bouncer yet but u can get them mothercare, smyths or any of those kinda places! Get a few fitted sheets for moses basket and those hospital type baby blankets in mothercare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Hi all,

Im 32 weeks, think its just hit me, finding the last few weeks really tough going. Been doing everything as normal up to this point.

Its hit me that I have very little ready for the new arrival, also haven't done the ante natal classes yet and have no real clue in general... first baby.

Starting to feel the stress now ever so slightly, been going through threads here for prams, hospital bag list etc.
    So far I have the following In hand, maybe if theres anything obvious Im missing somebody could point it out.
    Also working full time, just sent in the maternity benefit forms this week, taking the 26 weeks paid, been told if I want any further time you get zero social welfare for that time is this correct?
    Also totally stressing if crèches have wait lists so going to ring around this week.

Avent steriliser - got this from Smyths (Electric-bought no other bottles)
    Moses Basket - on the way from euro baby
    Uppa vista pram and maxi cosi car seat put away - to be collected end of month
    cot bed - again Ive this put away just to be collected
    hospital bag - only thought of today
    Bouncer chair- Not sure when you can even start using these?
    absolutely nothing else apart from a few baby grows gotten, totally stressed out today with it all.

Awh sweetie, don't freak out, I'm 32 weeks also and I think yesterday was the first day i stopped freaking out.

Bottles in boots or sam mccauley, usually get mutlipacks for cheap (Sam's have a sale it seems, http://www.sammccauley.com/category/Bottle-Feeding-Accessories/2230.0 )

your baby needs something to wear, something to sleep in and something to eat... you're pretty sorted.

Most bouncers are suitable from birth to about 6months.

Baby bath too for your list :)

Monitors too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Take a.deep breath, your doing great! You've gotten lots done already. Bouncer chairs are heaven sent, we used ours right when we got home from the hospital, having places to pop baby while you wash your hands make bottles use the bathroom ect, are great. Everything will come together! You've taken care of the important bits. You can get a newborn starter pack of bottles from smyths that will be fine.for when you are first home. Buy a changing mat, you can change baby on floor or your bed for the first little while. Have diapers, something for baby to wear and a blanket. All you really need are the basics, you can get the rest as you need it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Oh yea you're 100% correct after the 26 weeks paid mat leave you've either got savings or your partner is supporting you for the optional mat leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Once the baby is loved, clean and fed he/she will be happy so don't freak out you'll be fine - you've loads done already.
    Www.eumom.ie have a good hospital bag list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Newborns really don't need a lot. If you're breastfeeding the list is shorter, but we got a steriliser and bottles anyway - make sure you know how to use it before baby arrives. Buy the premade bottles in the hospital before you go home, they were a lifesaver for panicky night feeds. Lots of babygros and vests. Never bothered with anything else as our baby didn't like hats/mitts and I couldn't be arsed with outfits. A couple of blankets and a place to sleep, with a monitor for peace of mind. A car seat and buggy/pram to get out and about. Muslin clothes and waterwipes are handy for messes. A playmat is great to keep baby on while you make a cuppa.

One thing I would do if you don't have one is organise a cleaner for the first week or two, and stock the freezer with meals you can defrost in a hurry. It just makes life a little easier. In hindsight I've had told visitors to stay away for the first two weeks, I could have done without them.

I learned from last time and bought anything I needed online. Saved me getting tired and stressed going around the shops.

Advertisement