Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Software Online

Options
  • 11-08-2013 3:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am curious as to how I could market to the masses and business, without hassling people out right to see if they are interested in what I see or require customized solutions instead. I've tried Freelance and Elance, but have encountered more cowboys willing to stitch me up for work down.

So I know I can set up a site to advertise and describe what I do and sell, but what fails me is how to get the word out and start generating business. In time I'd like to develop it into a business, but for now I'd like some help on how to drum up some business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

If it any good offer a free trial, look at the tech blogs like silicon republic, techcrunch, mashable etc for coverage. Take out google ads (very pricey though), Connections via twitter & linkedin

There is no simple solution tbh or we'd all be doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

What software development are you providing?

The best way is word of mouth. Software requires a lot of trust, and your former customers could be your best sales people. You could offer each new customer a small discount in exchange for a testimonial and permission to use them as a case study.

Start building the trust, get active on social media, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, etc., and don't be afraid to let them see your real personality, as opposed to just a corporate identity. It helps to build the trust as they know who they are dealing with, feel like they know you.

Advertisement