Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in Portmarnock

Options
  • 11-08-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi, I'm not very familiar with the Portmarnock area. I want to expore there this week and walk from Portmarnock to Malahide. Where would be a good place to park? Is there a cliff walk? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi, I'm not very familiar with the Portmarnock area. I want to expore there this week and walk from Portmarnock to Malahide. Where would be a good place to park? Is there a cliff walk? Thanks

Their is a coastal walk from portmarnock to malahide. Their would be some on road free parking along the walk or could possibly use the large hotel car parks at either end of the walk, the grand or white sands hotels.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There isn't a cliff walk, and since the sand level dropped by a significant amount last winter the north end of Portmarnock beach is a lot more rocky than it used to be so you can't walk towards Malahide at beach level. You have to use the footpath above. It's a lovely walk between Portmarnock and Malahide :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

By the way I was there last Sunday in Portmarnock and Malahide. No sign of any trouble due to previous riotous behaviour by degenerates. The places were quite family oriented and not packed at all for a Sunday.

Advertisement