Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects in 1 year

• 11-08-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Planning on repeating next year, my subjects are English, Irish, Maths, Engineering, DCG, Biology and Geography.
    Going to drop Irish and English for when I repeat but that means I've only 5 subects, so I need to take up one in a year.
    I was told Phys/chem combined is a good one to do in a year for a decent grade? any other ideas?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

iFreeley wrote: »
    Planning on repeating next year, my subjects are English, Irish, Maths, Engineering, DCG, Biology and Geography.
    Going to drop Irish and English for when I repeat but that means I've only 5 subects, so I need to take up one in a year.
    I was told Phys/chem combined is a good one to do in a year for a decent grade? any other ideas?:)

Hey! :) i just repeated the leaving this year so if you have any questions just message me.
    I also dropped irish (best decision :P) and i dropped maths instead of english.
    I also had 5 left so i took up economics! i know you aren't doing business or anything so phys/chem might be better if you are more sciency , sorry can't help with phys/chem advise but keep economics in mind as an option? it is a really short course so we finished it in the year, not too boring and i found not too difficult :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Phys/Chem is a good subject to take up within a year!

The course is very short, the paper is split into two parts - 6 questions physics, 6 chemistry, in which you pick three questions from each.

There are no long answer questions, short questions mostly, (ex. Define vector and scalar quantities).

You don't need to be hugely into science to be able to do this, it is very straightforward!

If you've any specific questions, fire away. Just the basics I can think of atm! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭iFreeley

Cheers for the advice! Is there any books out for the combined course or do i have to buy a full physics and a full chem book? Any other general advice you can give?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

If good at maths, Applied maths can be done very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

iFreeley wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice! Is there any books out for the combined course or do i have to buy a full physics and a full chem book? Any other general advice you can give?

http://books.google.ie/books/about/Physics_Chemistry.html?id=kUS4PgAACAAJ&redir_esc=y

^ this is the only book that I know of.. Didn't get it myself but I heard it's good! I used both physics and chemistry revise wise books only..

There's both short questions and working out sums, remember to practise both. And learn experiments, drawing, labelling etc. There's not that many experiments for chemistry though, maybe 1 or 2?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Business is a great subject and is easily done in 1 year.

Its all about learning the book which is fairly straightforward. There is a small bit of maths in it but nothing too difficult.

Exam technique is very important in this subject.

Any questions on the subject feel free to ask:)

Advertisement