Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation for sensitive skin- Please help!!!!

• 11-08-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

Please help!!!

I have extremely sensitive skin and am looking for a new foundation.
    I have been using the Dermalogica range for sensitised skin for the last two months and things are starting to improve but I need a foundation that compliments the skin care.
    I am prone to very sore, red, itchy patches on my cheeks that look like pin pricks and my skin really doesn't like the sun! I suffer from eczema patches too round my eyes. I also have thread veins on my cheeks.
    The condition of my skin is fairly good in that I don't suffer from spots but I've recently discovered that silicone based products don't like me and are causing alot of blocked pores and lumps.
    I'm looking for a product that covers well but doesn't feel too heavy. Preferably one with an spf and is water based. I don't mind the price, I'll pay extra for a product that will be good and I'll also make sure I get samples before committing.
    I also would like to try a primer but know nothing about them!

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. :):)

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Are you thinking of liquid or would you consider mineral? I've been using sheer cover mineral and it really helps with my rosacea. Think it was initially marketed as camouflage make-up for people with prominent facial scarring. Check their website if you're interested.
    I can't recommend any brand of primer. I use sunscreens that contain titanium/zinc (not the uv absorbers) as they reflect light=long-lasting radiance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Thanks Frito.
    Will look into getting a sample of the mineral one.
    Anyone recommend a liquid so I can try both kinds?

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Thanks Frito.
    Will look into getting a sample of the mineral one.
    Anyone recommend a liquid so I can try both kinds?

Two of my friends have really sensitive skin and they both use Dior foundation and it seems to work for them. All make up stands in the likes of my BTs will give you small samples of makeup and will explain the types of ingredients they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Please help!!!

I have been using the Dermalogica range for sensitised skin for the last two months and things are starting to improve but I need a foundation that compliments the skin care.

I also would like to try a primer but know nothing about them!

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. :):)

Have you tried their own products.

I use their Skin Perfect Primer spf 30 and their Treatment Foundation - shade 2. I love both products. Primer can be worn on its own and gives a lovely glow. The treatment foundation is buildable also so can use a it more on your cheeks if required.

I really think the foundation is the best I've ever used. Gives great coverage without looking like you have foundation on. Keeps skin hydrated all day long.

They have 2 new(ish??) foundation ranges also - cover tint and sheer tint. I tried cover tint but didn't like it atall. Can't comment on sheer tint but hear it is very sheer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Two of my friends have really sensitive skin and they both use Dior foundation and it seems to work for them. All make up stands in the likes of my BTs will give you small samples of makeup and will explain the types of ingredients they use.
    Thanks for that, would never have thought of Dior, I've heard Clarins are good too, will pop into BT and go sample hunting! :D
    MsQuinn wrote: »
    Have you tried their own products.

I use their Skin Perfect Primer spf 30 and their Treatment Foundation - shade 2. I love both products. Primer can be worn on its own and gives a lovely glow. The treatment foundation is buildable also so can use a it more on your cheeks if required.

I really think the foundation is the best I've ever used. Gives great coverage without looking like you have foundation on. Keeps skin hydrated all day long.

They have 2 new(ish??) foundation ranges also - cover tint and sheer tint. I tried cover tint but didn't like it atall. Can't comment on sheer tint but hear it is very sheer.
    Would you believe I never thought of Dermalogica doing make up, I love their products so I'll definitely look into those. Thanks a mil! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

Hi there sorry for jumping in on your thread but I have similar queries. I have just been diagnosed with acne rosacea and was wondering what products to start using, what Dermalogica products do you use? Does anyone have any recommendations? I have just started using La Roche Posay Rosaliac Serum and Hydraphase moisturiser, but was looking for a bit of advise on the best products to use especially for cleansers and make up? Have never used mineral make up any recommendations for a brand? Will also say BT's a bash and see what they say or can offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Coopaloop wrote: »

I have extremely sensitive skin and use Dior foundation - it's great!! Before that I was using Vichy and liked it, but it didn't have the same coverage and the colour wasn't as good a match for me. (super pale)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

pinkie086 wrote: »
    Hi there sorry for jumping in on your thread but I have similar queries. I have just been diagnosed with acne rosacea and was wondering what products to start using, what Dermalogica products do you use? Does anyone have any recommendations? I have just started using La Roche Posay Rosaliac Serum and Hydraphase moisturiser, but was looking for a bit of advise on the best products to use especially for cleansers and make up? Have never used mineral make up any recommendations for a brand? Will also say BT's a bash and see what they say or can offer!

Ive mentioned Dior already - heard its brilliant! and seen the results too! Not the cheapest but well worth it to save yourself further discomfort!

I would stay away from the mineral make up to be honest, test it out by all means, I use it myself (bare minerals) and love it but have heard bad stories from people who have sensitive skin that it made it worse.

I would say Dior is your best bet, or perhaps Roc makeup.

Advertisement